Author Topic: Ulfberht. Secrets of the Viking Sword HD  (Read 1274 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Ulfberht. Secrets of the Viking Sword HD
« on: January 22, 2019, 06:23:30 am »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Ulfberht. Secrets of the Viking Sword HD
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 07:51:25 am »
Another fix! (I have to watch it later, I'm at work). Thanks!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 08:26:26 am »
 :beer:

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 08:56:02 am »
If I remember right the temp before final quench was about 2600F.

And you only had a window of just under 200 degrees to get it right, or junk it.

All by memory of the color of the metal. No thermometers.

Talk about nerves of steel!

No power hammers. Just a 2lb mallet. Anything heavier would destroy your arm.

Amazes me how those artists could dig sludge out of a bog with a hefty iron content in the water, burn the mud and whatnot out of it, end up with a nugget of raw iron not much bigger than a baseball and work it into such an Incredible piece of functional art.

And for most of them in small enclaves, that was in between making door hinges, locks, ship rivets, stirrups, cook pots, chains and all kinds of other stuff.

Used to read a bit (lurking) at a blacksmith's site.

And the guys running it said the noobs near Always wanted to know how to make a sword.

"Sure kid. Put in 30 years on horseshoes and such, then come on back and we'll talk."

:silly:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 09:17:08 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »