Author Topic: The Hill: Giuliani says he confirmed Trump ‘never’ spoke with Cohen about congressional testimony  (Read 986 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Giuliani says he confirmed Trump ‘never’ spoke with Cohen about congressional testimony
By Jessie Hellmann - 01/21/19 03:13 PM EST

Share to Twitter

President Trump didn't speak with Michael Cohen about his testimony before Congress, Rudy Giuliani told the New York Daily News on Monday.

“The president never spoke with Cohen about the congressional testimony,” Giuliani told the Daily News.

Giuliani said he confirmed it with previous members of Trump's legal team, after previously saying on Sunday that he didn't know if Trump and Cohen spoke ahead of Cohen's congressional testimony.

Giuliani said that Trump's legal team talked with Cohen's lawyers before his testimony before the House and Senate Intelligence committees in September 2017.

“Anything that happened between the lawyers would have been part of the joint defense agreement,” Giuliani told the Daily News, adding that all parties involved believed at the time that Cohen’s planned testimony was truthful.

Cohen pleaded guilty in November to lying to Congress when he said discussions about a Trump Tower deal in Moscow ended in January 2016.

BuzzFeed News reported last week that Trump directed Cohen to lie to Congress about the deal, but special counsel Robert Mueller's office has disputed the accuracy of the story.

It's not clear which parts of the story Mueller's office takes issue with, and BuzzFeed said it stands by its reporting.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/426312-giuliani-says-he-confirmed-trump-never-spoke-with-cohen-about
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline corbe

Most past posts are lying, I never said those things about my 'X', either.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
He also confirmed he was talking out of his @ss yesterday on MTP.

WASHINGTON, Jan 21 (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump's lawyer Rudy Giuliani backtracked on Monday from earlier comments that Trump pursued a business deal to erect a tower bearing his name in Moscow throughout 2016, saying his statements "were hypothetical and not based on conversations I had with the President."

-snip-

But in an emailed statement on Monday Giuliani changed his story, saying: "My comments did not represent the actual timing or circumstances of any such discussions."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/giuliani-backtracks-comments-trump-sought-211600695.html

But he also said Cohen, the man he's said is an unreliable proven liar, would be a better witness concerning the conversation. What a terrible representative.

The conversations lasted throughout parts of 2016. The president is not sure exactly when they ended. I would say Michael Cohen would have a much better recollection of it than the president. It was much more important to him. That was his sole mission. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/meet-press-january-20-2019-n960731
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Rudy, perpetual motion gaffe machine.....

“I guess the BuzzFeed story—I don’t remember what it said about Cohen—but it said there was corroboration that the president talked to Cohen and told him to lie about, I guess it was, the Moscow proposal,” Giuliani said. “There are no tapes, there are no texts, there is no corroboration that the president told him to lie.

“I can tell you, from the moment I read the story, I knew the story was false. Because I have been through all the tapes, I have been through all the texts, I have been through all the emails, and I knew none existed,” he added.

The New Yorker then asked, "Wait, what tapes have you gone through?" Giuliani replied: “I shouldn’t have said tapes. They alleged there were texts and emails that corroborated that Cohen was saying the president told him to lie. There were no texts, there were no e-mails, and the president never told him to lie.”

The lawyer then clarified that there are no tapes before immediately adding, “Well, I have listened to tapes, but none of them concern this.”

https://www.newsweek.com/what-tapes-rudy-giuliani-donald-trump-michael-cohen-russia-investigation-1299636
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I am afraid it will be on my gravestone. ‘Rudy Giuliani: He lied for Trump' - Rudy

Offline DB

Rudy, perpetual motion gaffe machine.....

“I guess the BuzzFeed story—I don’t remember what it said about Cohen—but it said there was corroboration that the president talked to Cohen and told him to lie about, I guess it was, the Moscow proposal,” Giuliani said. “There are no tapes, there are no texts, there is no corroboration that the president told him to lie.

“I can tell you, from the moment I read the story, I knew the story was false. Because I have been through all the tapes, I have been through all the texts, I have been through all the emails, and I knew none existed,” he added.

The New Yorker then asked, "Wait, what tapes have you gone through?" Giuliani replied: “I shouldn’t have said tapes. They alleged there were texts and emails that corroborated that Cohen was saying the president told him to lie. There were no texts, there were no e-mails, and the president never told him to lie.”

The lawyer then clarified that there are no tapes before immediately adding, “Well, I have listened to tapes, but none of them concern this.”

https://www.newsweek.com/what-tapes-rudy-giuliani-donald-trump-michael-cohen-russia-investigation-1299636

Giuliani burned his life's public legacy for some brief cash... Sign up with Trump and bury your career/legacy.