Author Topic: Sen. Menendez Fumes When Confronted By Fox News Over Beach Pic: ‘You Guys Are Neither Fair Nor Balan  (Read 1647 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Sen. Menendez Fumes When Confronted By Fox News Over Beach Pic: ‘You Guys Are Neither Fair Nor Balanced’
by Aidan McLaughlin | Jan 15th, 2019

Sen. Bob Menendez was not pleased to be confronted by a Fox News anchor over a picture that surfaced of him on a beach in Puerto Rico amidst the government shutdown.

A delegation of 30 Democrats spent the weekend in Puerto Rico for a three-day event planned to inform lawmakers about the damage and recovery from 2017’s devastating hurricane. They participated in roundtables, meetings with Gov. Ricardo Rosselló, and “informational sessions on the damage” of the hurricane, per the Washington Post.

Read more at: https://www.mediaite.com/tv/sen-menendez-fumes-when-confronted-by-fox-news-reporter-over-beach-pic-you-guys-are-neither-fair-nor-balanced/

Photo is here, I didn't know it was him when the picture first aired: https://media.metrolatam.com/2019/01/13/bobmenendez-4c08d7e1c7dedb548987a613d6f5285a-1200x0.jpg

Offline mountaineer

"Hey, baby, you're kinda hot, but I like 'em a little younger. You have a little sister?"
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Sigh.

Thanks for posting @TomSea
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Nothing true was found about those who accused Kavanaugh, I'm not real open to believe what has been said on Menendez. Especially, since it appears it was Democrats not Republicans that went after Menendez.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 01:50:00 am by TomSea »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, at least, unlike ABCNNBCBS, they aren't completely unbalanced.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Polly Ticks

Fox News anchor Rob Schmitt, well-tanned, caught up with Menendez in San Juan to ask about the topless photo.

"Topless photo"?  Really?   *****rollingeyes*****

Also, Senator Menendez, if you're embarrassed over the publication of photos of your beach trip while the government was shut down, then maybe next time don't take a beach trip while the government is shut down.  Or at all, for that matter. It seems to me that " a three-day event planned to inform lawmakers about the damage and recovery from 2017’s devastating hurricane" could be easily pared down to one guy taking some photos and using them for a slide show.  This was just an excuse for 30 Democrats to have a fun vacation on the taxpayers' dime.  Business as usual.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline aligncare

The only reason politicians take these junkets is because they want to and taxpayers tolerate the waste of taxpayer dollars.

With emails, video and phone conferencing, there’s no reason to waste jet fuel and booze on these “fact finding” tours of sun-drenched, exotic locales. *spit*