Author Topic: Viking Shield Combat Principles  (Read 1183 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Viking Shield Combat Principles
« on: January 19, 2019, 08:58:23 pm »
The Viking shield was every bit as much an Attack weapon as the sword, ax, and spear were. Just hiding behind it would get you killed.

Sorry...
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Viking Shield Combat Principles
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 08:08:15 am »
I'll have to watch that one a few times, thanks!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 09:28:35 am »
@Smokin Joe

I've run this one before;

Sorry...

Good supplement.

Lovely exposition of using the shield to trap your opponent's weapon physically outside of using it on you.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 09:39:02 am »
@Smokin Joe

I've run this one before;

Sorry...

Good supplement.

Lovely exposition of using the shield to trap your opponent's weapon physically outside of using it on you.
Thanks!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis