Author Topic: Revised Hearing Protection Act Introduced in Congress  (Read 1433 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Revised Hearing Protection Act Introduced in Congress
« on: January 19, 2019, 02:07:40 am »
Shooting Sports Retailer by  Alan Clemons — January 10, 2019

U.S. Rep. Jeff Duncan filed eight bills on the first day of the 116th Congress, including a revised Hearing Protection Act to help update laws about suppressors.

“These bills address a number of concerns I have heard from constituents in the Third Congressional District over the years,” said Duncan, a Republican representing the Third District in South Carolina. “I look forward to advocating for these bills along with individual liberty, free-markets, and limited government during the 116th Congress.”

Hearing Protection Act

Duncan’s bill is written “To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to remove silencers from the definition of firearms, and for other purposes.”

Duncan believes it’s time to update the laws restricting the accessories.

“The Hearing Protection Act is a commonsense bill that is important to all sportsmen and women across the country,” Duncan said in a statement. “Personally, I have experienced hearing damage from firearm noise, and I believe easier access to suppressors may have prevented much of this damage from early on in my life.

More: https://www.shootingsportsretailer.com/2019/01/10/revised-hearing-protection-act-introduced-in-congress/

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Revised Hearing Protection Act Introduced in Congress
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 06:42:44 pm »
He's a brave man for submitting this bill now...especially in light of the gun grabbing Dems running the House.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 08:50:37 pm »
Hearing Protection Act and National Reciprocity Status Check
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2019/01/john-boch/hearing-protection-act-and-national-reciprocity-status-check/

In short, gun legislation — both good and bad — will almost certainly remain at a stand-still at the federal level in the newly divided Congress. Not unlike it was under unified GOP control. Short of another Las Vegas Mandalay Bay-type massacre, gun control won’t move anywhere outside of the House. Meanwhile, both sides will duke it out in the states and, in some cases, the local level. Not to mention the media.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 09:50:24 am »
He's a brave man for submitting this bill now...especially in light of the gun grabbing Dems running the House.
I believe he understands that now is not the time to be silent, but the time to push back--hard.
If we let the other side have the floor and dominate the discussion, we have no hope of prevailing, and will be lucky to stand our ground.

Besides, a suppressor isn't capable of firing a shot, and should not be classified as a firearm, any more than a funky rifle stock.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis