Author Topic: Artificial intelligence thinks your face is full of data. Could it actually unmask you?  (Read 1183 times)

rangerrebew

Artificial intelligence thinks your face is full of data. Could it actually unmask you?

Why humans, and by extension our machines, are so determined to “read” people.
By Eleanor Cummins Yesterday at 1:30pm

Veoneer's new autonomous vehicle software will read your face as you drive, and make decisions based on your expression.

Each January, some 4,500 companies descend upon Las Vegas for the psychological marathon known as the Consumer Electronics Show, or CES.

The 2019 festivities were much like any other. Companies oversold their ideas. Attendees tweeted out the craziest products, and Instagrammed the endless miles of convention space. Trend-spotting was the name of the game, and this year’s trends ran the gamut: drones, voice-activated home assistants, something called “8K” television. But the most provocative robots were those that claimed to “read” humans faces, revealing our emotions and physical health in a single image.

https://www.popsci.com/facial-recognition-health-mood

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Will it also be able to read the expressions on pedestrians' faces as it runs over them?
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Will it also be able to read the expressions on pedestrians' faces as it runs over them?
It'll probably share videos.... :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

No, AI researchers think your face is full of data.

AI doesn't think, it does what it is told.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
No, AI researchers think your face is full of data.

AI doesn't think, it does what it is told.
Yep. GIGO
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis