Author Topic: President Trump Directed His Attorney Michael Cohen To Lie To Congress About The Moscow Tower Projec  (Read 1580 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

President Trump Directed His Attorney Michael Cohen To Lie To Congress About The Moscow Tower Project
Buzzfeed, Jan 17, 2019

President Donald Trump directed his longtime attorney Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about negotiations to build a Trump Tower in Moscow, according to two federal law enforcement officials involved in an investigation of the matter.

Cohen pleaded guilty in November to lying about the deal in testimony and in a two-page statement to the Senate and House intelligence committees. Special counsel Robert Mueller noted that Cohen’s false claim that the project ended in January 2016 was an attempt to “minimize links between the Moscow Project and Individual 1” — widely understood to be Trump — “in hopes of limiting the ongoing Russia investigations.”

Now the two sources have told BuzzFeed News that Cohen also told the special counsel that after the election, the president personally instructed him to lie — by claiming that negotiations ended months earlier than they actually did — in order to obscure Trump’s involvement. 

[...]

But Cohen's testimony marks a significant new frontier: It is the first known example of Trump explicitly telling a subordinate to lie directly about his own dealings with Russia.

More:  https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/jasonleopold/trump-russia-cohen-moscow-tower-mueller-investigation

« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 12:42:35 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Today is going to be lit AF

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The silence from the White House and Cohen is interesting, but considering the source, I will wait for confirmation. If it’s true, we have sex scandals and suborning perjury. It’s almost like a Clinton actually won in 2016.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

The silence from the White House and Cohen is interesting, but considering the source, I will wait for confirmation. If it’s true, we have sex scandals and suborning perjury. It’s almost like a Clinton actually won in 2016.

President Clinton got impeached for perjury and obstruction of justice.  Maybe Trump could get some advice?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

President Clinton got impeached for perjury and obstruction of justice.  Maybe Trump could get some advice?

Well, he’s using Emmett Flood IV as his advisor. He’s the same attorney Clinton used for his impeachment in 1998.

Offline edpc

Buzzfeed News Bombshell Reporter: No We Have Not Seen the Evidence Supporting Our Report
https://www.mediaite.com/tv/buzzfeednews-bombshell-reporter-no-we-have-not-seen-the-evidence-supporting-our-report/

“My sourcing on this goes beyond the two on the record,” Cormier told Camerota, adding “It’s 100 percent. I am the individual who confirmed and verified that it I am telling you our sourcing goes beyond the two I was able to put on the record. We were able to gather information from individuals who know this happened.”

Well, that’s bold. I recall a CIA Director once saying Iraq WMDs were a ‘slam dunk.’

“My sourcing on this goes beyond the two on the record,” Cormier told Camerota, adding “It’s 100 percent. I am the individual who confirmed and verified that it I am telling you our sourcing goes beyond the two I was able to put on the record. We were able to gather information from individuals who know this happened.”

Well, that’s bold. I recall a CIA Director once saying Iraq WMDs were a ‘slam dunk.’

That's a good point.  That's why we need non-stop House investigations.  Pelosi was going to Palestine but she's got nothing to do now so...

The very gleeful CNN talking heads pointed out this nugget from Mueller's sentencing memo for Cohen's sentencing.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/5453418-Mueller-Cohen-filing.html
page 6

Fourth, Cohen described the circumstances of preparing and circulating his response to the
congressional inquiries, while continuing to accept responsibility for the false statements contained
within it.

Offline corbe

Trump calls Cohen a liar after bombshell BuzzFeed report

By Morgan Chalfant - 01/18/19 10:27 AM EST

President Trump on Friday accused his former personal attorney Michael Cohen of lying to reduce his prison time after BuzzFeed News reported that federal investigators have evidence he directed Cohen to lie to Congress about plans to build a Trump property in Moscow.

Trump, after quoting a Fox News reporter noting that Cohen had been convicted on perjury and fraud charges, tweeted that Cohen is “lying to reduce his jail time,” an argument he has previously used to cast his former lawyer as untrustworthy.

Trump also suggested Cohen’s father-in-law be “watched,” echoing previous comments he made to Fox News’s Jeanine Pirro that Cohen “should give information maybe on his father-in-law, because that’s the one that people want to look at.”

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/426006-trump-again-calls-cohen-a-liar-after-bombshell-buzzfeed-report
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
It is never the crime that gets them but the cover up.

As someone already said, this is turning into a mirror of Bill Clinton. The original scope of investigation was improper real estate structuring with whitewater. They ended up getting him for lying about an affair and instructing others to lie.

Throw in Andrew Johnson's perjury charges which included 'disrespecting congress' and the script is practically already written.

Offline edpc

It is never the crime that gets them but the cover up.

As someone already said, this is turning into a mirror of Bill Clinton. The original scope of investigation was improper real estate structuring with whitewater. They ended up getting him for lying about an affair and instructing others to lie.

Throw in Andrew Johnson's perjury charges which included 'disrespecting congress' and the script is practically already written.

True, however, in this case, the alleged subornation of perjury is directly related to the investigation substance.

True, however, in this case, the alleged subornation of perjury is directly related to the investigation substance.

The Trump campaign has already explained all this.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXA665P9Nic

Offline edpc

Hogan Gidley on America’s News Room this morning did not deny Trump instructed Cohen to lie. Video at source. Subject matter begins around 5 minute mark.

Co-host Bill Hemmer asked him if he denies that Trump ordered Cohen to lie to Congress.

“I’m telling you right now, this is why the president refuses to give any credence or credibility to news outlets because they have no ability to corroborate anything they’re putting out there. Instead, they're just using innuendo and shady sources," Gidley responded.

Hemmer pressed: “That was not a denial of my question."

“No, but the premise is ridiculous,” Hogan replied, calling Cohen a "proven liar" and self-admitted felon.

https://insider.foxnews.com/2019/01/18/hogan-gidley-buzzfeed-news-report-trump-ordered-michael-cohen-lie-congress
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 07:48:01 pm by edpc »

Offline mountaineer

Buzzfeed News Bombshell Reporter: No We Have Not Seen the Evidence Supporting Our Report
https://www.mediaite.com/tv/buzzfeednews-bombshell-reporter-no-we-have-not-seen-the-evidence-supporting-our-report/
During my full-time reporter days, my managing editor would have strung me up - and then fired me - for reporting something I couldn't confirm.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org