Author Topic: Obamas' 'bestie' Valerie Jarrett tells how the three spent gossipy evenings at the White House sippi  (Read 1031 times)

Offline mountaineer

Obamas' 'bestie' Valerie Jarrett tells how the three spent gossipy evenings at the White House sipping martinis and nibbling BLTs while trips came with 'cool stuff' like a briefcase full of emeralds and diamonds from Saudi Arabian king
    *Valerie Jarrett details her closeness with Barack and Michelle Obama in her memoir Finding My Voice: My Journey to the West Wing and the Path Forward
    *The 62-year-old's bond led President Obama to make her his senior advisor
    *Her access to the Obamas earned her the nickname of 'Night Stalker' by  colleagues who believed she would use nightly chats to influence decisions (that's what we call 'understatement')
    *But Jarrett writes: 'We did what everybody else does: we talked about our kids, our families and favorite books, movies or TV shows' (and how to destroy the US)
    *Her position allowed her to travel the world with Obama, describing her times spent on Air Force One and jet-setting to the Middle East and Europe
    *In Saudi Arabia, she found a snakeskin leather briefcase filled with emeralds and diamonds, a necklace, earrings, a ring, two watches, a bejeweled pen
    *But she notes she had to hand over the extravagant gifts to the State Department (ha, ha, right!)
    *Jarrett says the Obamas were shattered when Trump won the election and admits she once tried to convince Barack into seeking a third term over martinis (yes, we know he drinks too much)
    *She fails to mention Roseanne Barr, who lost her ABC show after she tweeted Jarrett looked like the 'Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby' (Roseanne may be crude, but she wasn't far off)

By Caroline Howe For Dailymail.com
Published: 12:12 EST, 17 January 2019 | Updated: 13:49 EST, 17 January 2019

The Obamas' best friend Valerie Jarrett has dished about spending her evenings relaxing and gossiping with Michelle and Barack on the Truman Balcony at the White House and her unfettered access to the former president and first lady in her upcoming memoir.

The former senior advisor was even nicknamed 'Night Stalker' by her White House colleagues who believed she would spend her nights at the family's residence whispering into their ears and influencing policy.

But Jarrett insists the threesome were simply chatting about their lives, drinking cocktails and eating open-faced BLT sandwiches prepared by White House chefs and watching movies.  ...

Obama's favorite movies had complicated plot lines that involved suffering and ended with everyone dying. 'I think the contrast to real life made him feel better', she writes.

Jarrett admits that while being Senior Advisor to the President came with 'a host of responsibilities, it also came with some cool stuff'.

That included trips to Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Germany and Normandy.

In Saudi Arabia, they stayed at King Abdullah's ranch where she found a large gift box in her villa that contained a huge, green leather briefcase made from reptile skin and filled with emeralds and diamonds, a necklace, earrings, a ring, two watches, a bejeweled pen.  ...
Daily Mail

Were those expensive gifts illegal? Is Obama a sociopath for enjoying movies where everyone dies?  **nononono*
Does ValJar live with them now, I wonder?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Valjar has always been Bammy's puppetmaster and always will be.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline mountaineer

That dope coudn't have taken a crap (pardon my French) without Mommy Val telling him how.

Offline aligncare

Daily Mail

Were those expensive gifts illegal? Is Obama a sociopath for enjoying movies where everyone dies?  **nononono*
Does ValJar live with them now, I wonder?

Questions that will never be explored on the news pages of today’s dishonest press.

But, let President Trump serve Clemson’s football team fast food burgers? News editors run long investigative pieces with charts and diagrams, fact checking every detail of Trump’s banter on how high the burgers were stacked. Pathetic haters. **nononono*

Offline mountaineer

I don't disagree, AC, but let's keep this about ValJar and her puppet.

Offline dfwgator

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Three women get together for drinks and snacks and gossip. This is news why?

Offline mountaineer

Girls' night in. Like a slumber party.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The KGB called them 'handlers'.

Wonder what the Caliphate calls them?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis