Author Topic: Human diet causing 'catastrophic' damage to planet: study  (Read 318 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
  • �It�s easier to fool people than to convince them
Human diet causing 'catastrophic' damage to planet: study
« on: January 17, 2019, 11:23:08 AM »
Human diet causing 'catastrophic' damage to planet: study
January 17, 2019 by Marlowe Hood

The way humanity produces and eats food must radically change to avoid millions of deaths and "catastrophic" damage to the planet, according to a landmark study published Thursday.

The key to both goals is a dramatic shift in the global diet—roughly half as much sugar and red meat, and twice as many vegetables, fruits and nuts, a consortium of three dozen researchers concluded in The Lancet, a medical journal.

"We are in a catastrophic situation," co-author Tim Lang, a professor at the University of London and policy lead for the EAT-Lancet Commission that compiled the 50-page study, told AFP.

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2019-01-human-diet-catastrophic-planet.html#jCp
“A society does not ever die ‘from natural causes’, but always dies from suicide or murder – and nearly always from the former….”
    ― Arnold Joseph Toynbee’s A Study of History.

Online dfwgator

Re: Human diet causing 'catastrophic' damage to planet: study
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 11:24:11 AM »
 :facepalm2:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 11:30:21 AM »
Ah, where would we be without studies designed by university masterminds to scold us for our own good?

Offline kevindavis

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 06:59:25 PM »
What a surprise..
"Last but not least, I was a Republican, a Reagan Republican. Still am. Not a Tea Party Republican. Not a Breitbart Republican. Not a talk radio or Fox News Republican. Not an isolationist, protectionist, immigrant-bashing, scapegoating, get-nothing-useful-done Republican. Not, as I am often dismissed by self-declared "real" conservatives, a RINO, Republican in Name Only. I'm a Reagan Republican, a proponent of lower taxes, less government, free markets, free trade, defense readiness, and democratic internationalism."
John McCain

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 07:14:12 PM »
Inevitable pollution!!!

Everything people eat turns to poop!!

****slapping
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression
And I looked, and rose up, and said unto the nobles, and to the rulers, and to the rest of the people, Be not ye afraid of them: remember the Lord, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses. Nehemiah 4:14 (KJV)

About the only "Big" Liberals don't revile is "Big Government"

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf