Author Topic: Jackson Lee's Former Staffer: I Was Retaliated Against For Suing the Congressional Black Caucus Foun  (Read 352 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Jackson Lee's Former Staffer: I Was Retaliated Against For Suing the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation Over My Rape
Townhall, Jan 16, 2019, Beth Baumann

One of Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee's former employees has filed a lawsuit against the representative's office and the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation over an alleged rape that took place back in October 15. According to the woman, who's going by "Jane Doe" in the case, she was allegedly raped when she was an intern for the CBCF by the foundation's intern coordinator at the time, Damien Jones, BuzzFeed News reported. She was assigned to Rep. Terri Sewell's office.

Here's how the events went down (from BuzzFeed):

The woman said she reported the alleged rape to police and told several people, including Rep. Terri Sewell, her former boss and a distant relative of her mother’s, but did not pursue legal action at the time.

Several years later, when Jane Doe was working for Jackson Lee, the woman decided she did want to pursue legal action, and told Jackson Lee’s chief of staff Glenn Rushing in early March 2018. The woman alleges that she asked to speak with Jackson Lee about it, but a meeting never happened, and several weeks later she was fired. Jackson Lee is chair of the board for the CBCF.

Read more:  https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2019/01/16/jackson-lees-former-staffer-i-was-retaliated-against-for-suing-the-congressional-black-caucus-over-my-rape-n2539183