Author Topic: The future of driverless ridesharing looks like a giant Mercedes-Benz egg  (Read 1254 times)

rangerrebew

The future of driverless ridesharing looks like a giant Mercedes-Benz egg
By Morgan Tremaine

January 11, 2019 07:00 AM EST

LAS VEGAS (CIRCA) — With the worldwide popularity of ridesharing apps like Uber and Lyft, car makers are looking to the future of how we get around. And at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, the future looks a lot like a luxurious alien egg.

Dubbed the “Urbanetic,” this concept vehicle from Mercedes-Benz represents a shared vision of urban transportation among tech innovators at CES: autonomous shuttles.

“We have a very progressive approach with autonomous vehicles, with our driver interface," said Mercedes-Benz prototype manager Thomas Moser. "We don't have a driver place at all. No steering wheel, no pedals."

https://www.circa.com/story/2019/01/11/technology/the-future-of-driverless-ridesharing-looks-like-a-giant-mercedes-benz-egg

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Title:
"The future of driverless ridesharing looks like a giant Mercedes-Benz egg"

After looking at the pics, I think the title needs revision:
"The future of driverless ridesharing looks like a giant Mercedes-Benz GOOSE egg"

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
But I'm so cool! Look at me, I'm so cool! Super double secret funky fly coffee shop hipster cool! Look at me!

I swear we will do anything, give up anything, just to look cool in this society anymore.
The Republic is lost.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Screw all of that crap.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

But I'm so cool! Look at me, I'm so cool! Super double secret funky fly coffee shop hipster cool! Look at me!

I swear we will do anything, give up anything, just to look cool in this society anymore.

I've always assumed the falling down jeans thing was so you could show off your designer underwear.  As in, "I'm so cool I wear designer clothes that people can't even see".

If what I wrote above makes absolutely no sense, you read it right.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
 **nononono*
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis