Author Topic: The future of driverless ridesharing looks like a giant Mercedes-Benz egg  (Read 318 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
  • �It�s easier to fool people than to convince them
The future of driverless ridesharing looks like a giant Mercedes-Benz egg
By Morgan Tremaine

January 11, 2019 07:00 AM EST

LAS VEGAS (CIRCA) — With the worldwide popularity of ridesharing apps like Uber and Lyft, car makers are looking to the future of how we get around. And at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, the future looks a lot like a luxurious alien egg.

Dubbed the “Urbanetic,” this concept vehicle from Mercedes-Benz represents a shared vision of urban transportation among tech innovators at CES: autonomous shuttles.

“We have a very progressive approach with autonomous vehicles, with our driver interface," said Mercedes-Benz prototype manager Thomas Moser. "We don't have a driver place at all. No steering wheel, no pedals."

https://www.circa.com/story/2019/01/11/technology/the-future-of-driverless-ridesharing-looks-like-a-giant-mercedes-benz-egg
“A society does not ever die ‘from natural causes’, but always dies from suicide or murder – and nearly always from the former….”
    ― Arnold Joseph Toynbee’s A Study of History.

Offline Fishrrman

• Fishrrman Speaks!
Title:
"The future of driverless ridesharing looks like a giant Mercedes-Benz egg"

After looking at the pics, I think the title needs revision:
"The future of driverless ridesharing looks like a giant Mercedes-Benz GOOSE egg"

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
    • The Conservative Fist
But I'm so cool! Look at me, I'm so cool! Super double secret funky fly coffee shop hipster cool! Look at me!

I swear we will do anything, give up anything, just to look cool in this society anymore.
The Conservative Fist: https://twitter.com/arguedpolitics - follow me and I'll follow you.

Offline EdJames

Screw all of that crap.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

• TBR Advisory Committee
But I'm so cool! Look at me, I'm so cool! Super double secret funky fly coffee shop hipster cool! Look at me!

I swear we will do anything, give up anything, just to look cool in this society anymore.

I've always assumed the falling down jeans thing was so you could show off your designer underwear.  As in, "I'm so cool I wear designer clothes that people can't even see".

If what I wrote above makes absolutely no sense, you read it right.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Smokin Joe

**nononono*
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression
And I looked, and rose up, and said unto the nobles, and to the rulers, and to the rest of the people, Be not ye afraid of them: remember the Lord, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses. Nehemiah 4:14 (KJV)

About the only "Big" Liberals don't revile is "Big Government"

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf