Author Topic: GOP senators rebuke Trump for using 'Wounded Knee' as 'punchline'  (Read 1390 times)

Online corbe

GOP senators rebuke Trump for using 'Wounded Knee' as 'punchline'

By Jordain Carney - 01/14/19 09:05 PM EST

Two GOP senators from South Dakota on Monday said that President Trump should avoid referencing the "Wounded Knee" massacre as part of his attacks targeting political opponents.

Sen. Mike Rounds (R-S.D.), in a string of tweets, said that Trump should go with him to visit tribal lands in South Dakota, where the 1890 massacre took place, adding that the country should "mend our history through reconciliation [and] mutual respect."

"The Wounded Knee Massacre was one of the darkest moments in our history. It should never be used as a punchline," Rounds said on Monday.

Asked about Trump's comments, Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.), the No. 2 Senate Republican, separately told reporters that he wished Trump "wouldn’t do that."

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/425339-gop-senators-rebuke-trump-for-using-wounded-knee-as-punchline
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Re: GOP senators rebuke Trump for using 'Wounded Knee' as 'punchline'
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 02:52:01 am »
   It's from the 'Pravda of the West' The Hill, so I thought I'd bury (no pun intended) it here.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 05:29:05 pm »
There's just so many ____hole or "wounded knee" remarks some people will take.  Smarten up Trump, I don't know if he means this, it's still better than the opposition meaning the Democrats but it's weak all the same.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 05:48:14 pm »
If they can tell Custer jokes I'm down with a few Trail of tears jokes on my wounded knees.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.