Author Topic: Ex-DA Reyna joins Houston-based law firm in new Waco office  (Read 698 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Ex-DA Reyna joins Houston-based law firm in new Waco office
« on: January 15, 2019, 01:12:07 am »
WacoTrib By TOMMY WITHERSPOON 1/14/2019

Abel Reyna, fresh off his post as McLennan County district attorney, has accepted a job in Waco with a Houston-based law firm that specializes in intellectual property.

Reyna's future has been the subject of wide speculation since Barry Johnson defeated the two-term district attorney in the March Republican primary. Johnson took over the DA's office from Reyna earlier this month.

In a news release announcing Reyna's association, the Patterson + Sheridan firm, which calls itself an "IP law boutique," said Reyna joining the firm as of counsel will continue the firm’s growth in intellectual property litigation, business litigation, criminal defense and government investigations.

Reyna, 46, will work out of the firm's new Waco branch office on the fifth floor of the Texas Life Insurance Co. building, 900 Washington Ave.

"I'm excited about it," Reyna said Monday. "It's a good opportunity. I'll still be doing criminal litigation, but also business litigation and IP and complex litigation in both federal and state court. Right now, it's just me in that office, but the idea is we want to grow that office in Waco and establish a productive office here and establish ourselves as the go-to litigation office in Waco." 

Reyna said he is in the process of becoming licensed to practice in federal court.

More: https://www.wacotrib.com/news/ex-da-reyna-joins-houston-based-law-firm-in-new/article_8b6e0d38-5ab0-5edf-8b1d-fbcc32593e8d.html

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Ex-DA Reyna joins Houston-based law firm in new Waco office
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 01:54:14 am »
I hope they didn't offer to pay him much.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Ex-DA Reyna joins Houston-based law firm in new Waco office
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 01:55:38 am »
Sumb*tch should have been disbarred.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis