Author Topic: Over a million children under the age of six are currently on psychiatric drugs in America  (Read 1562 times)

rangerrebew

Over a million children under the age of six are currently on psychiatric drugs in America

Sunday, August 27, 2017 by: Isabelle Z.   

(Natural News) Psychiatric drug use is on the rise in the U.S., with one out of every six Americans now taking some type of medication in this category. This is highly concerning given the scary side effects and poor effectiveness of many of these drugs, but there is one particularly disturbing aspect of this trend that seems to get glossed over, and that is the extraordinary number of children who are taking such drugs.

Mental health watchdog group Citizens Commission on Human Rights is drawing attention to the concerning fact that more than a million kids younger than six in our nation are currently taking psychiatric drugs.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-27-over-a-million-children-under-the-age-of-six-are-currently-on-psychiatric-drugs-in-america.html

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Antidepressants Double Risk of Agitation and Violence in Healthy Volunteers: Systematic Review
http://psychroaches.blogspot.com/2016/10/antidepressants-double-risk-of.html

Antidepressants Increase Suicide and Violence Risk In All Ages
http://psychroaches.blogspot.com/2016/11/antidepressants-increase-suicide-and.html

Largest Meta Analysis Of Antidepressants Finds Doubled Risk Of Suicide

http://psychroaches.blogspot.com/2016/02/in-case-you-missed-it-largest-meta.html
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Antidepressants Double Risk of Agitation and Violence in Healthy Volunteers: Systematic Review
http://psychroaches.blogspot.com/2016/10/antidepressants-double-risk-of.html

Antidepressants Increase Suicide and Violence Risk In All Ages
http://psychroaches.blogspot.com/2016/11/antidepressants-increase-suicide-and.html

Largest Meta Analysis Of Antidepressants Finds Doubled Risk Of Suicide

http://psychroaches.blogspot.com/2016/02/in-case-you-missed-it-largest-meta.html
They seem to be involved with just about every non-jihad mass shooting, shooter(s) either on, just changed, or just quit their medication.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

• Wulf Anson Author
@Smokin Joe

More Useful Information from Leoni Fennell who lost her son to antidepressants 17 days after he was prescribed them for a relationship breakup.

https://leoniesblog.com/shane-clancy-ssri-suicide-violence/

[Links (many) are live at Leoni's page.]

Our prescription drugs are the third leading cause of death after heart disease and cancer in the United States and Europe. Around half of those who die have taken their drugs correctly; the other half die because of errors, such as too high a dose or use of a drug despite contraindications. Our drug agencies are not particularly helpful, as they rely on fake fixes, which are a long list of warnings, precautions, and contraindications for each drug, although they know that no doctor can possibly master all of these – Peter C. Gøtzsche.

My son Shane was 22 when he died – 17 days after being prescribed the SSRI citalopram for a ‘relationship break-up’. This off-label prescribing of mind-altering SSRI antidepressants is common practice, globally – despite the U.S. and European warnings of increased suicidality and agression. Indeed, this year in Dolin v GSK (2017), it emerged that paroxetine (branded as Paxil and Seroxat) increases the risk of suicide by a massive 8.9%. For a comprehensive list of all SSRI and SNRI antidepressants, see SSRI Stories here. An account of Shane’s case can be viewed here by 1boringoldman (retired psychiatrist Micky Nardo) and on Dr David Healy’s site here. For any family who finds themselves in a similar situation to ours, I am truly sorry – the following reports and papers might be of help to you. The links below detail what we have done since Shane’s death and what we have learned since. For comprehensive information on any medication, click on the RxISK picture below or use the search tool on the right.

For anyone contemplating going on antidepressant medication, please inform yourself first of the risks. These drugs are far from harmless, yet are handed out like they are Smarties. The black-box and EU warnings that attach to these drugs are there precisely because they are dangerous. Making an informed decision was a luxury which we as a family never had; hence Shane is dead. If a doctor or psychiatrist says that SSRIs are harmless; ignore them, he/she is an idiot. Don’t let yourself or a family member add to the vast collateral damage associated with these drugs. I hope the following can help:

Professor Healy’s Report March 2010 – for Shane’s Inquest.

FDA Antidepressant Guide; Here

EU Warning; Here

EU Warning upped to 25; Here

Example Black Box warning; Here

Irish Psychiatry and the ‘Shane Clancy Affair’. Here.

Our meeting with the drug company (Lundbeck). Link.

The Dáil; Here

The Seanad (Senate); Here

Leinster House with the experts; Here

IHRC Recommendations; Here

Withdrawal guide – Healy_Withdrawal_July_09[1

Medical Council Complaint- Link.

Solicitors Letters from Patricia Casey – one and two.

Warnings of self harm and harm to others, Lundbeck’s  Dear Dr. letter, Citalopram Heart Warning.

E-mail: leoniefen@gmail.com 

*About me.

EMA – SSSRI Suicide/Aggression Link  and FDA Link

1: ‘Antidepressants and Violence; Prof. David Healy et al, here or download here.

2. ‘Suicidality, Violence and Mania Caused by SSRIs; Dr Peter R Breggin here.

3. Drugs associated with violence. Here.

4. The Systemic Correlation Between Psychiatric Medications and Unprovoked Mass Murder in America. Jeanne M. Stolzer Here.

5. Case Histories As Evidence. David Healy et al. Here.

6. SSRIs and Involuntary Intoxication Defense. Wade C. Myers et al. Here.

7. Fort Hood Shooters. Donald J Farber, Attorney at Law. Here.

8. Prescribed drugs and violence: a case/noncase study in the French PharmacoVigilance Database. Rouve et al. Here.

9. Antidepressant-induced akathisia-related homicides associated with diminishing mutations in metabolizing genes of the CYP450 family. Lucire et al. Here.

10. Precursors to suicidality and violence on antidepressants: systematic review of trials in adult healthy volunteers. Bielefeldt et al. Here.

11. Suicidality and aggression during antidepressant treatment: systematic review and meta-analyses based on clinical study reports. Sharma et al. Here.

12.  Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors versus placebo in patients with major depressive disorder. A systematic review with meta-analysis and Trial Sequential Analysis. Jakobsen et al. Here.

13. Antidepressants and suicide among young women in Sweden 1999–2013. Janne Larsson. Here.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline Smokin Joe

Tremendous resource! Thanks for posting that, and I hope it helps people.

My mother was prescribed a drug when she was carrying me, because she had trouble with miscarriages.

It is with my utmost gratitude, that she flushed that drug down the toilet. the drug: Thalidomide.

I can hug her today, likely because of her blessed obstinance. When I learned of the effects of the drug, I, too, became cautious about drugs of any sort, and years later, that paid off. I had been given Bextra by a physician for joint pain, and after a couple of days' relief, awoke with an almost overwhelming desire to do myself in. I am, thankfully, a scientist, and wondered just what in the hell caused that? You see, everything, and I mean everything, could not have been going better in my life. Marriage: great! Business: Fantastic!, Economic state? Never better--and improving. Kids doing well in school, vehicles running like tops, NOTHING was wrong. I realized I was dealing with an altered state, disposed of the Bextra, and two days later was right as rain.

I was gobsmacked, though at how a pill could so severely change a person's outlook (especially mine), and under the best of circumstances. Had I been more vulnerable the outcome might have been different, and frankly, that is one of the few things in my life which has outright scared me (I have done a lot of crazy and often dangerous stuff, but those odds were understood and stacked as much in my favor as possible).  So, I am ever leery of medication, 'side effects', and frankly, spend as little time at a doctor's office as I can.

If there is any way possible, I encourage people to deal with their lives through faith, friends, prayer, hobbies, whatever works, but not medication if they can do without. Children need to be taught coping skills, something many parents lack, not medicated through the time when they should be learning those skills with things which can make the problem worse.
Granted, there are those whom the meds do good, but there are plenty where they haven't. The risks need to be better known so people can make informed decisions.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Natural News?  Totally believable then.    *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
Many good links.  Great thread.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Considering that those drugs are explicitly NOT recommended for use in people under the age of 18 (and never have been), I am quite suspicious of this claim.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

• Wulf Anson Author
Considering that those drugs are explicitly NOT recommended for use in people under the age of 18 (and never have been), I am quite suspicious of this claim.

Believe whatever you like.

https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/statistics/mental-illness.shtml

Prevalence of Any Mental Disorder Among Adolescents

Based on diagnostic interview data from National Comorbidity Survey Adolescent Supplement (NCS-A), Figure 5 shows lifetime prevalence of any mental disorder among U.S. adolescents aged 13-18.1
        An estimated 49.5% of adolescents had any mental disorder.
        Of adolescents with any mental disorder, an estimated 22.2% had severe impairment. DSM-IV criteria were used to determine impairment.

@49.5% for ages 13-18 I believe the article's pct of 6 yrs and younger to be conservative.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Believe whatever you like.
@49.5% for ages 13-18 I believe the article's pct of 6 yrs and younger to be conservative.
That doesn't mean they're being given pills. About the only ones that get prescribed are for ADHD--and as I noted, that's usually only a last resort.

You want to talk 13 to 18 year olds, most of those are a direct result of the toxic public school environment. Take them out of that, and the vast majority will be cured. I speak from experience on that.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

• Wulf Anson Author

You want to talk 13 to 18 year olds, most of those are a direct result of the toxic public school environment. Take them out of that, and the vast majority will be cured. I speak from experience on that.

Agreed RE: Public schools being a near complete failure on all fronts.

I have looked for other sources on 6 year olds and find silence.

https://www.nami.org/NAMI/media/NAMI-Media/Infographics/Children-MH-Facts-NAMI.pdf

Gotta question about the population at large however.

With numbers like NAMI's, How did we Ever survive long enough as a species to get to the top of the food chain?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 02:21:34 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »

• Wulf Anson Author

Answer me this.

WHY NOT?

With all the never ending barrage of Govt and Private Sector Corruption inundating us 24/7, WHY would anyone believe that people become Moral and Principled Saints adhering strictly to the rules, just by Purchasing a State Work License in the Medical Field?

Is there something about buying the coveted M.D. that carries with it a halo?

Every State has it's own "Get Out of Mental Illness" Program for Doctors and other Med sector Workers.

https://psychroaches.blogspot.com/search/label/California%20Diversion%20Programs

This, in and of Itself, blows the ridiculous assertion that Epigenetics explains jacks##t about 'mental disorders being genetic', since they CAN be effectively 'Cured' with just the stroke of a crooked Legislature and Governor's pen.

Go to school and buy a Work License as a Doctor or Nurse, PT, etc, and WITH that sheepskin comes a NEW set of DNA (yes, we're still ruining people's lives with "Investigations" into the Heritability of mental disorders through Twin Studies. "Calling Dr Mengele. Calling Dr Mengele, please.")
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 09:21:19 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »

Offline berdie

If this is true...it's crazy.  What child under six isn't a maniac until you, as a parent, teach them how to act?

Offline Smokin Joe

If this is true...it's crazy.  What child under six isn't a maniac until you, as a parent, teach them how to act?
True, that, and they will push the boundaries you lay down on a constant basis until they are well established, and even then, will continue to do so.

C S Lewis