Author Topic: Ashes In the Snow movie  (Read 562 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Ashes In the Snow movie
« on: January 12, 2019, 03:47:03 pm »

Sorry...

It's self-explanatory, we always hear about the Nazis and World War II, well, this is about the Soviet/Stalinist takeover of Lithuania and deporting whole families or even, whole communities (ex. Chechens) to Siberian labor camps. Looks excellent, I'll have to see if there is a way to see it soon.

They did those kinds of deportations in a few regions.

Even this morning, I'm reading about friction in Estonia, one of the other Baltic countries over those who again, who treated that country similarly, a sort of occupation by moving Russians there, China does so in Tibet.

'Only Estonians Here': Outrage After Election Poster Campaign Singles Out Russian Minority

Posters appearing to advocate ethnic segregation have stoked anger among members of Estonia's Russian minority. (screengrab from Estonian State TV)

A set of posters in Estonia appearing to advocate ethnic segregation has stoked anger among members of the country's Russian minority and caused dormant ethnic tensions to resurface ahead of parliamentary elections in March.

The six posters appeared overnight on January 6-7 on both sides of a tram stop in the center of Tallinn, the capital of the former Soviet republic in the Baltics that is now a member of both NATO and the European Union.

Three of the posters, reading "Only Estonians here," covered one-half of the tram stop. The others, pasted over the other half, read "Only Russians here." A column in the center of the glass-and-steel structure, which separated the two sides, had been colored red.

Read more at: https://www.rferl.org/a/estonia-election-posters-russian-minority-outrage/29702111.html

This really ties into that movie though to be fair,  I believe if one ever looks at powers allied with the Axis powers, Estonia is listed. I'm not sure about Lithuania, I think not.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 06:43:36 pm by TomSea »