Author Topic: F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia  (Read 1116 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Following President Trump’s firing of James B. Comey as F.B.I. director, the bureau grew increasingly concerned about whether the president’s actions constituted anti-American activity.CreditCreditSarah Silbiger/The New York Times

By Adam Goldman, Michael S. Schmidt and Nicholas Fandos

Jan. 11, 2019

WASHINGTON — In the days after President Trump fired James B. Comey as F.B.I. director, law enforcement officials became so concerned by the president’s behavior that they began investigating whether he had been working on behalf of Russia against American interests, according to former law enforcement officials and others familiar with the investigation.

The inquiry carried explosive implications. Counterintelligence investigators had to consider whether the president’s own actions constituted a possible threat to national security. Agents also sought to determine whether Mr. Trump was knowingly working for Russia or had unwittingly fallen under Moscow’s influence.

The investigation the F.B.I. opened into Mr. Trump also had a criminal aspect, which has long been publicly known: whether his firing of Mr. Comey constituted obstruction of justice.

Agents and senior F.B.I. officials had grown suspicious of Mr. Trump’s ties to Russia during the 2016 campaign but held off on opening an investigation into him, the people said, in part because they were uncertain how to proceed with an inquiry of such sensitivity and magnitude. But the president’s activities before and after Mr. Comey’s firing in May 2017, particularly two instances in which Mr. Trump tied the Comey dismissal to the Russia investigation, helped prompt the counterintelligence aspect of the inquiry, the people said.

more
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/11/us/politics/fbi-trump-russia-inquiry.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

This is the NYT's breaking story...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Excerpted:

No evidence has emerged publicly that Mr. Trump was secretly in contact with or took direction from Russian government officials. An F.B.I. spokeswoman and a spokesman for the special counsel’s office both declined to comment.

Rudolph W. Giuliani, a lawyer for the president, sought to play down the significance of the investigation. “The fact that it goes back a year and a half and nothing came of it that showed a breach of national security means they found nothing,” Mr. Giuliani said on Friday, though he acknowledged that he had no insight into the inquiry.

Everyone Who’s Been Charged in Investigations Related to the 2016 Election

Thirty-seven people have been charged in investigations related to Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.
Aug. 21, 2018

« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 02:35:14 am by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
They just won't give this up...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 02:59:57 am by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Offline montanajoe

I have spent a lot of time outside of the country.  I think anyone who has also done so is familiar with the Russian mafia, they make the American mafia look like choir boys and Putin uses their mafia  as an arm of the State.

There is no doubt that in order for the Trump organization to operate international hotels they, like every other international hotel chain pays the Russians vig in spite of the FCPA (Foreign Corrupt Practices Act).

Did that extend to influencing the election...don't know :shrug:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
January 12, 2019
Huh? FBI investigated the president for being a Russian agent after Comey firing
By Rick Moran

It's a "blockbuster," a "game changer," it "proves collusion," it's...it's...

It's a nothingburger.

The New York Times published a story that's hard to comprehend. After Trump fired FBI Director James Comey, the bureau opened an investigation into the president to see if he was a Russian agent.

In the days after President Trump fired James B. Comey as F.B.I. director, law enforcement officials became so concerned by the president’s behavior that they began investigating whether he had been working on behalf of Russia against American interests, according to former law enforcement officials and others familiar with the investigation.

The inquiry carried explosive implications. Counterintelligence investigators had to consider whether the president’s own actions constituted a possible threat to national security. Agents also sought to determine whether Mr. Trump was knowingly working for Russia or had unwittingly fallen under Moscow’s influence.

The investigation the F.B.I. opened into Mr. Trump also had a criminal aspect, which has long been publicly known: whether his firing of Mr. Comey constituted obstruction of justice.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/01/nancys_problem.html
Support the USO

Offline skeeter

Earlier this week it was Trump sharing polling data with Russians. That bombed. Now this.

Gotta always be something keeping this stupid story alive. Its part the rats' 2020 campaign strategy.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
January 12, 2019
Huh? FBI investigated the president for being a Russian agent after Comey firing
By Rick Moran

It's a "blockbuster," a "game changer," it "proves collusion," it's...it's...

It's a nothingburger.

The New York Times published a story that's hard to comprehend. ...

And, that's a big part of the strategy.  If people don't understand it, they will make of it whatever they desire. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Hillary: Uranium One.
Behghazi.
Server with code name (above Top Secret) files.
A gozillion redacted or deleted emails, official and otherwise.
The foundation and kickbacks (really, who would pay a half million to hear either one of them speak?)

Et frickin cetera.

Then there's Obama....

But Noooooo, don't dig where they might find something, only where they might be able to throw enough dirt to cloud the public lens.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis