Author Topic: McCarthy to meet with Steve King about white supremacy remarks: 'Action will be taken'  (Read 606 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCarthy to meet with Steve King about white supremacy remarks: 'Action will be taken'
By Brett Samuels - 01/13/19 11:04 AM EST

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) pledged Sunday to take action in response to Rep. Steve King's latest inflammatory comments in which the Iowa Republican questioned why the terms “white nationalist” and “white supremacist” were offensive.

McCarthy condemned the comments, and said on CBS's "Face the Nation" that he will meet with King on Monday to discuss the matter.

"Action will be taken," he said. "I’m having a serious conversation with Congressman Steve King on his future and role in this Republican Party."

"There is a number of things you’ll see that is taking place," he continued. "But I will not stand back as a leader of this party, believing in this nation that all are created equal, that that stands or continues to stand and has any role with us."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/425095-mccarthy-to-meet-with-steve-king-about-white-supremacy-remarks
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
What a weasel.  Let it go... who do you think you are...chairman of the new SJW branch of the HUAC.  The new McCarthyism.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Not called stupid party without reasons
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

And yet there have been many, many Democrats who have said highly offensive things. Rats that align themselves with anti-Semites, and have called on physical violence on conservatives. And yet, the rat party hierarchy refuses to push back on any of that language. 

It's all a bunch of bullshit.   Makes me sick.  As does your attitude.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online corbe

I wrote him an Apology Letter on behalf of Rep. King.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln