Author Topic: Republicans Can Win The Shutdown If… Derek Hunter  (Read 493 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republicans Can Win The Shutdown If… Derek Hunter
« on: January 13, 2019, 06:51:47 pm »
Republicans Can Win The Shutdown If…
Derek Hunter

Posted: Jan 13, 2019 12:01 AM

It’s not a joke to say Republicans have an uncanny knack for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Of all the things the GOP excels at, this tops the charts. So as the longest partial shutdown of the government in history rolls on, it’s important to take a moment to check the status of things and game out how things could go. And, believe it or not, Republicans could actually end up with money for a border wall (or barrier, whatever) if only they ignore all their natural instincts and stand strong.

The sad profiles of federal employees claiming to be on the verge of destruction have already begun, as have the stories of others impacted by the absence of a small percentage of a small percentage of the government. These “human interest” stories are a staple of everything liberals do – appealing to feelings is much easier than making a logical argument when your policies make no logical sense.

Rather than being sucked into answering for every sad tale of woe, most of which are fed to reporters by liberal activists and Democratic operatives, Republicans have to stand strong and refuse to take the bait. Respond to these inquiries with simple, obvious truths like, “It’s sad what’s happening. I wish Democrats had kept the House in session this weekend so we could work together to end this, but they have no interest in negotiation. So maybe you should ask them about it.”

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2019/01/13/republicans-can-win-the-shutdown-if-n2538960
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Republicans Can Win The Shutdown If… Derek Hunter
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 09:53:27 pm »
Easy:

- If... enough federal workers in northern Virginia decide they can no longer afford to live there and move out, that flips Virginia back to red, aiding Trump with more electoral votes to win re-election.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 02:04:22 am »
"The sad profiles of federal employees claiming to be on the verge of destruction have already begun."

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I need Both hands to applaud the spectacle.

Those blood sucking parasites have been kicking Me over the Verge of Destruction my entire life.

And now I'm supposed to weep over Their misfortunes?

Get me a Schlitz and a corn dog!

« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 02:05:12 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 02:17:31 am »
And, believe it or not, Republicans could actually end up with money for a border wall (or barrier, whatever) if only they ignore all their natural instincts and stand strong.

Good luck with that.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-