Author Topic: Roy Moore was reportedly targeted by Dems in second ‘false flag’ operation in 2017 Alabama race  (Read 4924 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

With a lot of help from the GOPe who pulled support at the drop of an allegation.

Their very public willingness to back someone else if Moore would just step down pretty much polished the optic that there may be truth in the allegations, and doomed Moore's campaign. When they should have been backing Moore and looking for the truth, they bailed on him. The GOP lost that seat, because they wanted someone else in it besides Moore, and they don't have anyone but themselves to blame.

But then, with the last couple years of performance, no one accused the Country Club 'pubbies of being on Trump's team.

I understand you are angry and need to vent.  But it's difficult to hear you slash and burn everyone around the candidate, but not the candidate himself.

Do you think the outcome of the election could have been different had Moore looked straight into the camera and given a full-throated, flat out denial of the charges during Hannity's interview?  Even Hannity told him to try again.

Would the outcome have been different had Moore campaigned night and day to groups large and small and actually fought for the seat?  Do you think he should have left the horse in the stable for his grand campaign finale?

And forget McConnell---how different would the outcome have been if Senators Mike Lee and/or Ted Cruz had pounded the streets of Alabama on Moore's behalf? 

This was a deeply flawed candidate from the start; low hanging fruit for the opposition. 

Let's not repeat this mistake in 2020.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Related https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/19/us/alabama-senate-roy-jones-russia.html
The NYT, now claiming the Media "fell for it".

https://dailycaller.com/2018/12/19/democrats-russian-bots-false-flag/

I know there is a presumption of innocence (which is more than Moore got), but I'd wager the media were not duped but complicit.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Sighlass

How 'Project Birmingham' Spread Misinformation In The 2017 Alabama Senate Election

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/09/683731977/how-project-birmingham-spread-misinformation-in-the-2017-alabama-senate-election?fbclid=IwAR3bqUeRTV7IHHIvWG5kMl1Uujg4jUgbPbA4ts-09YGpctYN45LEeAKJg1c

Quote from: WAPO @NPR
CORNISH: Is there any way to know what kind of effect it had on the election? I mean, that race in particular, given the allegations about Roy Moore, had a lot going on.

TIMBERG: Indeed. And as political scientists have pointed out to us, Roy Moore was an incredibly well-known character.......... It's clear that whoever, you know, was pushing Project Birmingham was attempting to push on those issues. They talk about - in the document - trying to provoke disgust among evangelical Christians, for example, over those allegations of sexual misconduct.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Sighlass

One more good report on how Roy was cheated on... the plot just gets thicker and thicker....

The Democracy Integrity Project, which works with Fusion GPS and dossier author Christopher Steele, partnered before the 2018 midterms with New Knowledge, an Austin-based firm that has been tied to an operation that created fake Russian bots in Alabama’s December 2017 special election.
    New Knowledge recently produced a report for the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, and TDIP’s founder was in contact with two Democrats from the committee.

A nonprofit group linked to Fusion GPS and partially funded by George Soros 

https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/10/fusion-gps-russia-false-flag/?fbclid=IwAR0fLJJgl_zjZpsKlfFNGl73b1tqsKRjm-noIJPc0X_QMUEQlrQY_iO1yuY

TDIP is also linked to the Senate Intelligence panel. Its founder, Daniel J. Jones, was previously a staffer for Democrats on SSCI. He was also in contact in early 2017 with Virginia Sen. Mark Warner, the Democratic vice chairman of SSCI. As part of TDIP’s own Trump-Russia investigation, the group hired Fusion GPS and Christopher Steele, the author of the anti-Trump dossier.

It gets even deeper if you continue reading..... good link worth a view.. cause it just gets more and more swampy....
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 11:16:17 am by Sighlass »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The whole thing make me SICK to this day!  Especially the fact that so many supposedly well informed people swallowed that stuff hook line and sinker!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The whole thing make me SICK to this day!  Especially the fact that so many supposedly well informed people swallowed that stuff hook line and sinker!
The only thing missing is the e-trail/paper trail right back to Corfman.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

I was shocked to see how rapidly and how vehemently others insisted that the allegations were true, all but calling for the damnation of Moore. People I had previously respected lost that respect.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I was shocked to see how rapidly and how vehemently others insisted that the allegations were true, all but calling for the damnation of Moore. People I had previously respected lost that respect.

Ditto!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

How many more times will they fall for it before they will recognize the pattern? Seems they almost WANT to be suckered.

Offline Smokin Joe

How many more times will they fall for it before they will recognize the pattern? Seems they almost WANT to be suckered.
If people didn't want to be suckered, they'd rarely re-elect anyone.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Yes! Indeed it does!  Saying you are something and actually being that are obviously two very different things.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

Yes! Indeed it does!  Saying you are something and actually being that are obviously two very different things.
What did you expect in a culture that permits people to 'identify' as what they obviously are not.

Mother always said, "Caveat emptor, son. Appearances can be deceiving. "

C S Lewis