Author Topic: Joe Lieberman says he hopes Ocasio-Cortez is not ‘the future’ of Democratic party  (Read 434 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
    • Fullervision
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/424842-joe-lieberman-says-he-hopes-ocasio-cortez-is-not-the-future-of

Former Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) said Thursday he's hopeful Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) is not the future of the Democratic Party, arguing it must remain closer to the political center in order to have broader appeal.

“With all respect, I certainly hope she’s not the future and I don’t believe she is," Lieberman said told host Neil Cavuto on Fox Business Network.

"She's gotten a lot of attention because she's different. She's controversial," Lieberman continued. "But if you look at the majority of new Democrats in the House, they tend to be, I say, center-left, if they are not left-left. And that is because they had to be center-left to win some of those competitive swing districts that they took from Republicans."

(excerpt)
"The people (...) have had enough of experts from organizations with acronyms, saying that they know what is best, and getting it consistently wrong." —Michael Gove

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
    • Fullervision
To which she responded... and I am not kidding: "New party, who dis?"

Congratulations, Bronxians. Your new Congresswoman speaks fluent jive.
"The people (...) have had enough of experts from organizations with acronyms, saying that they know what is best, and getting it consistently wrong." —Michael Gove

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf