Author Topic: University of Maine to Host ‘Racial Justice Educator’ to Explain ‘Waking Up White’  (Read 1460 times)

rangerrebew

University of Maine to Host ‘Racial Justice Educator’ to Explain ‘Waking Up White’

8 Jan 2019106

The University of Maine at Fort Kent will host “racial justice educator” Debbie Irving, who wrote a book that the university says can help white people to “quickly grasp modern racism’s inner workings.”

The University of Maine at Fort Kent (UMFK) will host Debbie Irving on January 16, where she will speak about her book, Waking Up White and Finding Myself in The Story of Race, which the university says can help “white readers wanting to further their own awakening.”

UMFK adds that Irving will discuss how “she used her white-skewed belief system to interpret the world around her,” and that “she will explore how she spent decades silently reaffirming harmful, archaic racial patterns instead of questioning the racial disparities and tensions around her.”

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/01/08/university-of-maine-to-host-racial-justice-educator-to-explain-waking-up-white/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Subtitle: "I wuz ah vic-tum!"
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline andy58-in-nh

Waking up stupid is more likely her problem.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
More and more I think the problem is that there isn't any such thing as "whiteness".  Most of us simply don't identify as...well particularly anything.  It's not that we are white, it's that we lack a strong ethnic identity that sets apart and sets us up for exploitation as a ______ group. 

We are the original anti-tribal people.  And the forces that be want people to have a hook so that they are easily identified, grouped and manipulated.  We are hook-proof, and therefore have been set up to be "the other", that which must be resisted and fought against.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
More and more I think the problem is that there isn't any such thing as "whiteness".  Most of us simply don't identify as...well particularly anything.  It's not that we are white, it's that we lack a strong ethnic identity that sets apart and sets us up for exploitation as a ______ group. 

We are the original anti-tribal people.  And the forces that be want people to have a hook so that they are easily identified, grouped and manipulated.  We are hook-proof, and therefore have been set up to be "the other", that which must be resisted and fought against.

@Sanguine

Good points. Ask the typical American Caucasian "what they are/how they identify",and you will be told "I am an American".

Ask the typical black American the same question,and you will get told "I am  black ." Some might tell you they are Africans. The word "American" will seldom be mentioned as a self-identifier.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Why is it  all the "woke" people seem to be asleep and in dreamland.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Why is it  all the "woke" people seem to be asleep and in dreamland.

In Hammer and Sickle world, up is always down and vice versa.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Sanguine wrote (about "whites" I presume):
"We are the original anti-tribal people"

And that's why whites are destined to eventually all-but disappear from the earth.

Because everyone else on the planet (who is not white) understands "tribalism" -- and act like they do.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Sanguine wrote (about "whites" I presume):
"We are the original anti-tribal people"

And that's why whites are destined to eventually all-but disappear from the earth.

Because everyone else on the planet (who is not white) understands "tribalism" -- and act like they do.

We'll see.  It has been a strength up till now. 

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Sanguine wrote:
"It has been a strength up till now"

How is that "strength" workin' out for the whites of Germany, France, Sweden, Great Britain, even... here?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Sanguine wrote:
"It has been a strength up till now"

How is that "strength" workin' out for the whites of Germany, France, Sweden, Great Britain, even... here?

But - we're quite different from them.  Another reason to never emulate Europe.