Author Topic: Donald Trump says Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick offered Texas' help building the border wall  (Read 654 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Tribune by Emma Platoff Jan. 10, 2019

Texas could help build President Donald Trump’s long-promised border wall, the president suggested Thursday — an idea that apparently came from the state’s outspoken lieutenant governor, a vocal advocate for border security.

At a McAllen roundtable Thursday with a number of Texas officials, Trump said Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick — a Republican who visited the White House earlier this week to talk border security — had offered to play a role in the wall’s construction.

“One of the things that Dan Patrick suggested, which I thought was very interesting, was: Give the state of Texas a relatively small amount of money — they’ll build a wall themselves, cause they wanna build it,” Trump said Thursday afternoon at a McAllen roundtable. “I thought that was not the worst idea I’ve ever heard. Although, I still think I can do it cheaper than you. ... You do things very well in Texas, and I like that idea, so we’ll take a look.”

It’s unclear how serious Trump is about the proposal. The White House did not immediately return a request for comment, but Patrick's office confirmed that the lieutenant governor had made the offer.

More: https://www.texastribune.org/2019/01/10/donald-trump-says-dan-patrick-offered-texas-build-border-wall/

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Let's get it done.
Principles matter. Words matter.