Author Topic: Mitt Romney is discovering that his WaPo op-ed attack on Trump wasn't such a good idea, after all  (Read 1241 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
January 10, 2019
Mitt Romney is discovering that his WaPo op-ed attack on Trump wasn't such a good idea, after all
By Thomas Lifson

Mitt Romney knows he is a smart guy and is used to thinking of himself as the smartest guy in the room.  But I don't think he thought through the now infamous Washington Post op-ed attacking President Trump's character that he published on New Year's Day, just a few days prior to assuming his new job as U.S. senator from Utah.  Virtue-signaling feels great, like a sugar high, but the aftermath often brings predictable consequences that somehow escaped the notice of the person anxious to demonstrate righteousness.

Mitt failed to understand that he is joining what is often called "the world's most exclusive club."  The Senate, with only 100 members and immense powers, is not at all like the raucous House of Representatives.  And though Senators face re-election only after six long years, they are very, very concerned with their ability to keep their membership card.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/01/mitt_romney_is_discovering_that_his_wapo_oped_attack_on_trump_wasnt_such_a_good_idea_after_all.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Romney won in Utah for the same reason the Occasional-Communist won in the Bronx.

That can't change the fact that he remains the RINO's RINO...

Offline dfwgator

Is there a more tone-deaf politician than Romney?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Want to talk about lack of character?

Romney's letter stunt showed a complete lack of it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Want to talk about lack of character?

Romney's letter stunt showed a complete lack of it.

I am so glad Romney's little stunt backfired.  Maybe he'll keep his mouth shut for a couple of weeks.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Frank Cannon

Romney won in Utah for the same reason the Occasional-Communist won in the Bronx.

That can't change the fact that he remains the RINO's RINO...

Actually not. Occasional-Crotchrot win was due to some insane NY State election laws. Romney won because UT is full of morons.

Offline RoosGirl

Don't worry Little Mittens, the morons that voted for you this time will forget all about it by next time and will vote for you again.

Offline Frank Cannon

Don't worry Little Mittens, the morons that voted for you this time will forget all about it by next time and will vote for you again.

Even if they don't, Milt bought a house in Idaho just in case. Those people are pretty GD stupid in that state. Has something to do with malnutrition from eating too many potatoes.

Offline RoosGirl

Even if they don't, Milt bought a house in Idaho just in case. Those people are pretty GD stupid in that state. Has something to do with malnutrition from eating too many potatoes.

Mmmmm....  potatoes

Offline Frank Cannon

Mmmmm....  potatoes

Potatoes=DEATH!!!

BTW if you want to live a long healthy life there is one "Super Food" that is readily available regardless of season or location......The Meat Mountain. The manager at the local Arby's told me about it a couple months ago and I have no reason to doubt her.

Offline RoosGirl

Potatoes=DEATH!!!

BTW if you want to live a long healthy life there is one "Super Food" that is readily available regardless of season or location......The Meat Mountain. The manager at the local Arby's told me about it a couple months ago and I have no reason to doubt her.

I'll take those curly fries any day over that hot meat.... never mind I better not say that.