Author Topic: Joe Lieberman says he hopes Ocasio-Cortez is not ‘the future’ of Democratic party  (Read 692 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Lieberman says he hopes Ocasio-Cortez is not ‘the future’ of Democratic party
By Brett Samuels - 01/10/19 06:57 PM EST

Former Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) said Thursday he's hopeful Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) is not the future of the Democratic Party, arguing it must remain closer to the political to center to have broader appeal.

“With all respect, I certainly hope she’s not the future and I don’t believe she is," Lieberman said told host Neil Cavuto on Fox Business News.

"She's gotten a lot of attention because she's different. She's controversial," Lieberman continued. "But if you look at the majority of new Democrats in the House, they tend to be, I say, center-left, if they are not left-left. And that is because they had to be center-left to win some of those competitive swing districts that they took from Republicans."

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/424842-joe-lieberman-says-he-hopes-ocasio-cortez-is-not-the-future-of
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
How much of a whack job do you have to be to have Crazy Uncle Joe say you are nuts?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Frank Cannon

She personally isn't the face of the Rat party, but her ideology certainly is.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) on Thursday fired back at former Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) who said he hopes she is not the future of the Democratic Party.

Ocasio-Cortez fired back in a tweet asking, “New party, who dis?”

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/424879-ocasio-cortez-responds-to-joe-liebermans-criticisms-new-party-who-dis
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) on Thursday fired back at former Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) who said he hopes she is not the future of the Democratic Party.

Ocasio-Cortez fired back in a tweet asking, “New party, who dis?”

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/424879-ocasio-cortez-responds-to-joe-liebermans-criticisms-new-party-who-dis

Of course she's the future. The democrats want totalitarianism. And what the heck does her tweet mean? Glad I don't speak millennial.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline skeeter

Sorry Joe, she became the future when your party decided they didn't like the country's traditional demographic and replacing it with brand new voters was the path to eternal victory.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
She personally isn't the face of the Rat party, but her ideology certainly is.

It's scary as heck but I think the democrat party is moving way too close to her ideology.  She could not have been elected even 10 years ago.

The rats aren't leaving the ship in the dem party, they are procreating on it.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.