Author Topic: Trump at the Border  (Read 1746 times)

Online libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Trump at the Border
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 07:55:42 pm »
Trump at the Border

“Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra.”
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 08:41:24 pm »
The reason everyone on the left is so upset about the President tweeting is because he knows so damn well how to use it  :smokin:

Donald J. Trump
Verified accountï‚™ @realDonaldTrump 

President Obama, thank you for your great support – I have been saying this all along!

(video 0:08)

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1083404900862545920

8:47 AM - 10 Jan 2019 

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 08:43:40 pm »
Donald J. Trump
Verified account @realDonaldTrump

Because of the Democrats intransigence on Border Security and the great importance of Safety for our Nation, I am respectfully cancelling my very important trip to Davos, Switzerland for the World Economic Forum. My warmest regards and apologies to the @WEF!

10:14 AM - 10 Jan 2019

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1083426878336036865

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 08:48:44 pm »
Senate Republicans
Verified account  @SenateGOP

Why do we need border security? This is why. These are the facts. #SecureOurBorder

The crisis of security at our southern border is real. Over the past year, Customs & Border Protection’s records of apprehensions at our southern border have been staggering. These are the facts.

[Border Security: The Facts 1:24 Video] 

https://twitter.com/SenateGOP/status/1083417521192165378

9:37 AM - 10 Jan 2019

https://twitter.com/SenateGOP/status/1083417521192165378

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 08:53:02 pm »
President hugs Marie Vega, who recounted how her son, a former US Marine and Border Patrol Agent, was killed at a family outing by "a criminal illegal alien." "No family should suffer the loss of a child," she said. We need the wall," she told the President.

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 12:01:36 am »
Dan Scavino Jr. ‏ Verified account
@Scavino45 46m46 minutes ago

.@POTUS @realDonaldTrump salutes @CBP Air and Marine Operations as he visits the Rio Grande in McAllen, Texas...

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 12:08:14 am »
President Donald Trump holds up a belt buckle given to him to by rancher Monty Awbrey (Evan Vucci/AP)

Online libertybele

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 12:19:37 am »
President hugs Marie Vega, who recounted how her son, a former US Marine and Border Patrol Agent, was killed at a family outing by "a criminal illegal alien." "No family should suffer the loss of a child," she said. We need the wall," she told the President.

@Right_in_Virginia thanks for the posts -- this hits so close to home.  I have attended several prayer vigils held for victims of illegal aliens; children, mothers, sisters, fathers, teachers, brothers, infants, police officers .... ALL murdered by an illegal alien.  To hear the stories behind such tragedy is profound.  Knowing the the media often refuses to report these incidents is even more shattering...they wouldn't even report on the prayer vigils.

It is difficult to sit and listen to our politicians stand up and lie and state that the crisis at the border is fabricated.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 12:24:19 am »
I was glad to see Cruz applaud and thank Trump for his efforts.  No President has EVER gone to the lengths that Trump has on this issue.  Not one.  We either win this one, are we lose our country.  The DEMS know that if Trump prevails, he will have returned this country to the People.  Why others don't see this is beyond me.

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2019, 12:33:50 am »
I was glad to see Cruz applaud and thank Trump for his efforts.  No President has EVER gone to the lengths that Trump has on this issue.  Not one.  We either win this one, are we lose our country.  The DEMS know that if Trump prevails, he will have returned this country to the People.  Why others don't see this is beyond me.

I just posted the President's press conference video and both Senators from Texas were shoulder-to-shoulder with the President.  In the same thread I posted the video from the roundtable and Senator Cruz gave a good speech there.

Here's the link:  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,347202.0.html

@libertybele

« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 12:35:59 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online libertybele

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2019, 12:43:56 am »
I just posted the President's press conference video and both Senators from Texas were shoulder-to-shoulder with the President.  In the same thread I posted the video from the roundtable and Senator Cruz gave a good speech there.

Here's the link:  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,347202.0.html

@libertybele

I saw your post and watched it.  Thank you.  I only wish that ALL of our GOP Senators and ALL of our GOP Congressmen would stand with this President as Cruz is. 

I think a very important point that President Trump stated is that the illegals that get through the border don't just commit crimes in TX, AZ, or CA but also commit crimes in states such as IA, or MA, they commit crimes all over the nation and this effects us all.  That is what people fail to realize.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2019, 01:00:42 am »

Not even Ike?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online libertybele

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2019, 01:28:05 am »
Not even Ike?

Not even Ike. He was good on deportation.  We needed a physical barrier along our entire border then, and we need one now, BIGLY!

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2019, 02:26:17 am »
Not even Ike. He was good on deportation.  We needed a physical barrier along our entire border then, and we need one now, BIGLY!

He also more than doubled the number of border agents.  Ike did stuff.  So far, Trump has talked about stuff.

I'd love to be able to say, "No President has EVER gone to the lengths that Trump has on this issue", but he's got a long, long way to go to get there.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online libertybele

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2019, 03:24:03 am »
The Hannity interview rocked.

Welcome to The Briefing Room.  I didn't get a chance to see the interview.  Hannity has been a continued supporter and has made it a point to give the President as much airtime as possible.

Online libertybele

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2019, 03:47:30 am »
He also more than doubled the number of border agents.  Ike did stuff.  So far, Trump has talked about stuff.

I'd love to be able to say, "No President has EVER gone to the lengths that Trump has on this issue", but he's got a long, long way to go to get there.

Ike did stuff.  That may be.   On January 25, 2017, President Trump signed two executive orders; one was to triple the number of ICE agents and the other was to erect the border wall.  Interesting that the executive orders were either tied up in court or funding not granted...so obviously here we sit.  Even though the President may have the full Constitutional authority, lower courts slap his hands, or Congress refuses to act.

I specifically recall members of BOTH parties vowing to ensure that IF Trump were elected president, they would make sure that he did NOT succeed and they would push for impeachment.  They finally told the truth!  He had a full majority in both houses but members of his own party did not support him.  I wonder what Ike would have done?

Times are sure different.  I was born during the Eisenhower years.  I cannot remember in my lifetime when a Congress was so hell bent on derailing a president's agenda.  I thought an e.o. was a done deal; certainly they were honored under other Presidents.  If ONLY the same derailment of Bammy's agenda had been put into action.

Growing up, the office of the President was revered and held in esteem.  Certainly no one would have dared called the President a mother fu****! 

Back to the issue at hand.  He signed an e.o. on the wall, he got the House to fund the wall, yet here we sit.  So ... we have a govt shut down, no one is budging, and the next step is a possible National Emergency to get the wall built.

I think we all know that the issue will be tied up in the courts until 2020.  By then the DEMS will have pushed for amending the electoral process, redistricting, continued voter fraud, etc.  I wonder what IKE would have done?

Online libertybele

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2019, 03:50:46 am »
Thank you @libertybele for your warm welcome I have lurked here for months and know Hannity is not high on some here's list, just think it was good.

Hopefully because others in here aren't Hannity fans hasn't prevented you from posting.  We have differences of opinion, but for the most part we remain respectful towards each other. 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2019, 04:13:29 am »

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2019, 04:30:46 am »
The Hannity interview rocked.

Thanks for the head-up @MoMo    Welcome to TBR  :beer:

Sorry...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skREyslzvco