Author Topic: Rush: Conventional Wisdom: Trump Will Cave and Declare Emergency  (Read 540 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Conventional Wisdom: Trump Will Cave and Declare Emergency

Jan 10, 2019

RUSH: President Trump is saying that he will sign and declare a national emergency for the wall. In fact, the conventional wisdom inside the Beltway is this, that eventually Trump is gonna realize that Chuck and Nancy are not gonna budge. That Chuck and Nancy are not gonna budge, they’re not gonna authorize a single penny, much less a dollar, much less $5 billion. The shutdown’s gonna go on and on and on. I’s gonna start damaging and being harmful, so will say the media, and a solution will be required, that it can’t go on in perpetuity.

And the conventional wisdom is that Chuck and Nancy are not gonna cave; that Chuck and Nancy hold all the cards; that Trump is the guy with no hand or a weak hand. Trump’s gonna be the one to have to cave. The way it’s gonna happen is that Trump will not oppose signing the continuing resolution with no money for the wall and then will declare the national emergency to build it, that that will be the solution.

The Drive-Bys are suggesting, and I’m sure this is with some input from nervous Republicans, ’cause there’s always, you know, Lisa Murkowskis out there, there’s always gonna be some nervous Republicans that think this is gonna be ultimately harmful to them and they’ll be urging Trump to fix this. And so the conventional wisdom is that Trump will cave.

But then, to hide the cave, to hide the fact that Trump has given in, he will declare a national emergency, go get money from somewhere to build a wall, at which point the Democrats will go to a friendly court and judge and shut him down like they do on everything, and then the wall will not get built. And Trump will let it die because he will consider himself to have succeeded in showing his base that he was willing to go to the mat, willing to do everything, including declare a national emergency, but look! The courts have shut us down again.

That is what the Drive-By Media is suggesting is on tap. That is how the Drive-By Media are reporting. I guarantee you that they’ve got input from Democrats and Republicans on this. This is how it’s gonna end. That Chuck and Nancy will win because Trump will cave. To hide the cave, Trump will declare a national emergency. Trump’s fans and his base will cheer loudly in support, “Way to go. Should have done this at first.”

Then here comes a friendly judge — find one in Hawaii again or American Samoa, wherever they have to go to find a judge to shut down Trump and his emergency, saying it’s unconstitutional, he can’t do it. And then that’ll have to go to the Supreme Court to be overturned. It will take a number of months for that to happen. Meanwhile, nothing changes on the wall, but Trump will declare victory anyway, despite no wall being built after a national emergency. So just keep a sharp eye because that’s what they’re circulating here as the eventual end to this thing.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Paula in Salem, Missouri. Welcome. Great to have you here. How are you doing?

CALLER: I’m doing well. Thank you, Rush. Love ya. I appreciate your program so much for many, many years. I guess I’m calling to ask for maybe a clarification of your opinion of what you believe, the conventional wisdom that you were talking about last hour, do you believe that the president will lose in the courts if he goes the national emergency route?

RUSH: No. In all of that, I was not telling you what I think about anything. I was telling you what the media has established along with their pals in the Democrat Party as the conventional wisdom. And you can find out who they’re spreading it to by reading various blogs. I picked this up on a couple of blogs. So when you find bloggers reporting what they think is gonna happen, you can bank on the fact that somebody’s feeding them this.

And what is being fed is — and this has to be coming from Democrats through the Drive-By Media, then it spreads from there — that eventually this is gonna end with Trump caving. In other words, there is going to be a bill signed that spends money that reopens the government that will not have a penny in it for the wall or border security. That Trump will then declare, or maybe before this all happens, but it’ll happen very near to each other chronologically, that Trump will declare the national emergency and say he’s going to start building the wall with money from various places in the federal budget.

At which point the Democrats will go find a judge, they’ll find a court and they will sue to stop Trump’s declaration of an emergency on the grounds that he doesn’t have the constitutional power to do it. That they will find a judge to agree with them because they found a judge in every single instance — the travel ban, the revised travel ban. Anything Trump has done, the Democrats have gone and found some commie left-wing judge to shut him down. And they think that what’s gonna happen here is exactly what I just said.

There will not be a penny from the Congress for the wall. Trump will then declare emergency and declare victory. He said that he will win. And they say he’s setting the stage for it already by saying it’s very likely he’s going to be declaring a national emergency. The point they’re making is that Pelosi and Schumer are gonna win. They’re not gonna cave. And Trump’s gonna have no choice, he will not get a negotiated deal, he will not be able to show that he can negotiate with Chuck and Nancy, no Art of the Deal claim for him. They’ll shut him down and shut him out.

So he’ll declare an emergency, he’ll claim victory at that point, claiming that he’s gonna do what Chuck and Nancy don’t want him to do, and then they’re gonna go get a judge to shut it all down. None of this is me. I’m telling you what is being spread around by obvious Democrats and friends in the media as predictions for how this is all gonna end.

CALLER: Well, I think it could go that way, except that I see it as a win for him. That’s just how I see it. I guess they see it as a false victory or — because Nancy and Chuck held the line, that’s a victory for them. But as long as we get that wall, I honestly think the president wins.

RUSH: No, wait.

CALLER: I would never interpret that as a loss.

RUSH: Wait. In this scenario, he doesn’t get the wall because his declaration of emergency is declared unconstitutional, and therefore the money is not permitted to be spent by a judge that the Democrats go find. And that will require Trump and his team to then challenge that judge in the appellate system, which would then, as did the travel ban, go all the way to the Supreme Court, if the Supreme Court decides to hear it. The point is it would delay any work on a wall for months.

CALLER: I agree. It would. I think this scenario is very possible. I really do. But I don’t believe — I read Turley’s piece the other day or day before —

RUSH: Quickly.

CALLER: — and I think that he’s right, that the president will win. Not only does he have the right to declare the national emergency —

RUSH: Wait. Okay. Look. I’m sorry. I’ve gotta take a break. I just don’t have time. I’ll clean this up when we get back.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2019/01/10/conventional-wisdom-trump-will-cave-and-declare-emergency/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Rush: Conventional Wisdom: Trump Will Cave and Declare Emergency
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 07:23:17 pm »
I’m confused. In this scenario, Rush doesn’t follow a path where the declaration is upheld by SCOTUS. How would that possibly be a victory for Trump, especially with two (maybe three) judicial appointments?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 07:33:32 pm »
I’m confused. In this scenario, Rush doesn’t follow a path where the declaration is upheld by SCOTUS. How would that possibly be a victory for Trump, especially with two (maybe three) judicial appointments?

He is the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces.  He heads the EXECUTIVE branch.

What SCOTUS panel, allowing Ginsberg to vote, would rule against the President's right to act upon a National Emergency?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 07:38:18 pm »
He is the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces.  He heads the EXECUTIVE branch.

What SCOTUS panel, allowing Ginsberg to vote, would rule against the President's right to act upon a National Emergency?

I don’t know - maybe one similar to the court that didn’t allow Truman to nationalize a steel company in a time of military action. Perhaps one that more recently decided the government could make you buy healthcare.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.