Author Topic: Sen. Lindsey Graham is throwing a Hail Mary to reopen the government.  (Read 6971 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Sen. Lindsey Graham is throwing a Hail Mary to reopen the government.
« Reply #100 on: January 12, 2019, 08:40:02 pm »
I haven't been talking about illegal immigrants.   I've been addressing those who want to shut off legal immigration as well.   Legal immigrants today are no different than the earlier immigrants you describe.  They come here to be Americans and be successful.   They are a positive boon to the nation and its economy. 

No one should come here illegally.   But your statement smacks of ethnic stereotyping and I cannot let it pass without pointing that out.

No one has suggested cutting off legal immigration and you know it.  Some people have suggested a total ban on any immigration for six months until we can get a handle on the problem.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #101 on: January 12, 2019, 08:57:25 pm »
No one has suggested cutting off legal immigration and you know it.  Some people have suggested a total ban on any immigration for six months until we can get a handle on the problem.

@Fishrrman believes we need a much longer pause than that. I kinda agree, though the actual time is a matter of debate.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #102 on: January 12, 2019, 09:42:18 pm »

Well, well, well.....look who is trying to dissolve the nation by importing labor to maximize profit for the investor class.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

H1-B holders in the United States can rest assured that changes are soon coming which will bring both simplicity and certainty to your stay, including a potential path to citizenship. We want to encourage talented and highly skilled people to pursue career options in the U.S.

6:40 AM · Jan 11, 2019 · Twitter for iPhone

Did you expect me to do an about face because its Trump? I don't like importing labor that can be easily found in a nation of 350 million souls, and I don't care who is doing it.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #103 on: January 12, 2019, 10:39:50 pm »
Did you expect me to do an about face because its Trump? I don't like importing labor that can be easily found in a nation of 350 million souls, and I don't care who is doing it.

All I’ve ever expected is for people to see how many times he’s been on both sides of each big issue and not the person he’s pretending to be at any given point, but that seems to be a huge ask.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 10:51:22 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #104 on: January 12, 2019, 10:51:01 pm »

All I’ve ever expected is for people to see how many times he’s been on both sides of each big issue, but that seems to be a huge ask.

Results are all I care about. If Trump doesn't get em he'll be back in the private sector and I'll be hoping the next guy gets it done. I really don't care who it is.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #105 on: January 12, 2019, 11:44:51 pm »

Well, well, well.....look who is trying to dissolve the nation by importing labor to maximize profit for the investor class.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

H1-B holders in the United States can rest assured that changes are soon coming which will bring both simplicity and certainty to your stay, including a potential path to citizenship. We want to encourage talented and highly skilled people to pursue career options in the U.S.

6:40 AM · Jan 11, 2019 · Twitter for iPhone

As if we don't have Engineers here in America.  That could have been a good program but so much abuse.  It really is to hire foreigners so that they can pay less.  Well at least I can feel that the different classes are not all that different.  Unauthorized immigrants are employed in production 14% to American 9%.  In 2016.  Not sure how job growth is going to help Americans either when we are constantly raising the H-1b numbers.  Not for lower wage workers also when we know that unauthorized immigrants are taking these jobs say 3 out of every 4 jobs.  And illegal immigration is up 240% in the last 4 months.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #106 on: January 13, 2019, 12:56:52 pm »
As if we don't have Engineers here in America. 

There are two choices. Allow in programmers from India or outsource to India. We are in a "We want cheap programmers" cycle. It will eventually swing back to "We need American programmers" after Jindish cusses out a VP who complained about direct deposits not being done. Programmers are a finite lot because 50% of them want to get out of coding in 5 years.
Some companies can't outsource coding because they aren't allowed to send their data overseas.
Countdown to Resignation