Author Topic: Trump says emergency declaration coming without border deal with Dems  (Read 834 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump says emergency declaration coming without border deal with Dems
By Jordan Fabian - 01/09/19 12:45 PM EST

President Trump on Wednesday said he may declare a national emergency to circumvent Congress and build a border wall if spending talks fail, raising the stakes for negotiations set to resume later in the day.

“I think we might work a deal, and if we don’t we might go that route,” Trump told reporters during a bill signing in the Oval Office. 

The president said he has the “absolute right” to declare an emergency, even though some legal scholars and Democratic lawmakers say he does not.

Trump added that his “threshold” for declaring a national emergency is if he cannot reach a deal with congressional Democrats, who have rejected his demand for $5.7 billion for a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/424551-trump-says-emergency-declaration-coming-without-border-deal-with-dems
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Trump says emergency declaration coming without border deal with Dems
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 09:16:39 pm »
It looks like Trump may have to go that route.  It's become obvious that everything is riding on this issue with Pelosi and Schumer.  They know that if Trump gets a wall, it will be all over for them.

It will be interesting to see what happens.  I hope the President does not back down. He cannot afford to.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 09:46:33 pm »
It looks like Trump may have to go that route.  It's become obvious that everything is riding on this issue with Pelosi and Schumer.  They know that if Trump gets a wall, it will be all over for them.

It will be interesting to see what happens.  I hope the President does not back down. He cannot afford to.

Yup. Failure is not an option on either side. The Rats have a losing hand and they're playing for time hoping Something will undercut Trump's favorability ratings.

Wouldn't matter, not matter What they dredge up.

Especially in light of the fact he's only asking for 20% of the wall costs, and they're chewing their own arms off to stop him.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 09:47:05 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 10:03:33 pm »

I agree.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 01:06:23 am »
Me four.

1. Declare the emergency
2. Move troops, Army Corps of Engineers, materiel into place
3. Start building!
4. Expect the democrat-communists to move to impeach in the House. Let them.
5. Expect court challenges. Because only the Congress can nullify the president's declaration of an emergency, push this to the Supreme Court for immediate resolution. That will end all lower-court challenges.
6. Fight, fight, fight, and DON'T back down.

The democrat-communists are THE ENEMY.
Regard them and address them as such.