Author Topic: BOOM: GOP Lawmakers Reintroduce The Wall Act To Fund The ENTIRE Border Wall  (Read 8916 times)

rangerrebew

BOOM: GOP Lawmakers Reintroduce The Wall Act To Fund The ENTIRE Border Wall
January 9, 2019 Martin

Five GOP lawmakers reintroduced the WALL Act on Tuesday, which would fund the entire wall along the southern border between the United States and Mexico.

In a joint statement, the five Senators — Jim Inhofe, R-OK, Mike Rounds, R-S.D., John Kennedy, R-LA, Ted Cruz R-TX, and Bill Cassidy, R-LA, — argued that now is the perfect time to get the wall funded.

The the WALL Act would provide $25 billion in funding for President Donald Trump’s wall, which experts have argued would fund the entire project.

https://ilovemyfreedom.org/boom-gop-lawmakers-reintroduce-the-wall-act-to-fund-the-entire-border-wall/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 05:28:07 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Why only five?
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
 :thumbsup:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Why only five?

Because those five are the leaders and the conservative thinkers in the Senate.  Others may follow.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline libertybele

Good luck.  Nancy's already said -$0-...what it's going to take is the next caravan mob knocking on our door and the media showing film footage several times a day.  This needs to somehow dominate the media so that the American people get the full picture of what's happening.

This needs to become a 'National' or American issue rather than a GOP or DEM issue.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Why only five?

Because they are the five that aren't standing there with their tails between their legs.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Victoria33

Why only five?
@austingirl

Speaking of 5 as in $5 billion he wants: He wanted some money to get it started, then, once started, the rest would come to get it finished.  He is talking right now, saying the people not getting paid are for this.  The past few days he said these people not getting paid are Democrats; that would mean he is punishing them for being Democrats, but says today those not getting checks are for this. As usual, he contradicts himself every day.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 06:16:02 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline libertybele

@austingirl

He wanted some money to get it started, then, once started, the rest would come to get it finished.  He is talking right now, saying the people not getting paid are for this.  The past few days he said these people not getting paid are Democrats; that would mean he is punishing them for being Democrats, but says today those not getting checks are for this. As usual, he contradicts himself every day.

@Victoria33 are you opposed to a wall, or a physical barrier?

Offline Victoria33

@Victoria33 are you opposed to a wall, or a physical barrier?
@libertybele

No, not against a wall (whatever it is called) where it is necessary.  Trump also knows there are areas where illegals can't cross due to natural topography - mountains, etc.  The Texas boundary is so long, the natural lay of the land changes.  I wound depend on our border guards to help me decide where a wall is necessary as they live with this every day.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
@austingirl

Speaking of 5 as in $5 billion he wants: He wanted some money to get it started, then, once started, the rest would come to get it finished.  He is talking right now, saying the people not getting paid are for this.  The past few days he said these people not getting paid are Democrats; that would mean he is punishing them for being Democrats, but says today those not getting checks are for this. As usual, he contradicts himself every day.

@Victoria33

I meant why only 5 senators supporting the bill.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline libertybele

@libertybele

No, not against a wall (whatever it is called) where it is necessary.  Trump also knows there are areas where illegals can't cross due to natural topography - mountains, etc.  The Texas boundary is so long, the natural lay of the land changes.  I wound depend on our border guards to help me decide where a wall is necessary as they live with this every day.

Ok, perhaps I'm misunderstanding you, but it seems that you are against this President and his attempts to get funding for the wall.  I completely understand you don't like his character much, nor do I, but at this point, he either negotiates and gets the money or he needs to declare a national emergency.  I don't see much else he can do. 

Offline Victoria33

@Victoria33
I meant why only 5 senators supporting the bill.
@austingirl

I know that now.  Once a bill is introduced by one or more senators, others will want their names on it, too, so this bill will likely gather more signing onto it.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@libertybele

Trump will definitely listen to experts regarding the placement of the wall.  And he will certainly listen to the border patrol.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline libertybele

Trump will definitely listen to experts regarding the placement of the wall.  And he will certainly listen to the border patrol.

Not concerned about the logistics at all.  Only thing needed is $$.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Victoria wrote:
"I wound depend on our border guards to help me decide where a wall is necessary"

I will hazard a guess that their response would be, "it's necessary the entire length of the border".

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Good luck.  Nancy's already said -$0-...what it's going to take is the next caravan mob knocking on our door and the media showing film footage several times a day.  This needs to somehow dominate the media so that the American people get the full picture of what's happening.

This needs to become a 'National' or American issue rather than a GOP or DEM issue.

Oh, they are.  Things are horrible on the border.  And liberals I know are saying that illegal immigration is down.  I wonder where they are getting their disinformation from?  I was watching this lady on FOX tonight her name is Trish Regan she was exposing the cost of illegal immigration.  Anyway there was a guy on her show that said illegal immigration broke a record in December.  Its never been that high.  I like her.  Where did she come from?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
And liberals I know are saying that illegal immigration is down.  I wonder where they are getting their disinformation from?

I dunno.....maybe from Trump?

Now, it just came out that they’re 73 percent down. ... That’s a tremendous achievement. ... Look at this, in 100 days, that down to the lowest in 17 years and it’s going lower. Now, people aren’t coming because they know they’re not going to get through, and there isn’t crime. You know the migration up to the border is horrible for women, you know that? (Unintelligible.) Now, much of that’s stopped because they can’t get through.

https://apnews.com/c810d7de280a47e88848b0ac74690c83

He was all set to take the credit in April 2017 for the drop, but not the blame for the increase since then? Makes sense.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

I dunno.....maybe from Trump?

Now, it just came out that they’re 73 percent down. ... That’s a tremendous achievement. ... Look at this, in 100 days, that down to the lowest in 17 years and it’s going lower. Now, people aren’t coming because they know they’re not going to get through, and there isn’t crime. You know the migration up to the border is horrible for women, you know that? (Unintelligible.) Now, much of that’s stopped because they can’t get through.

https://apnews.com/c810d7de280a47e88848b0ac74690c83

He was all set to take the credit in April 2017 for the drop, but not the blame for the increase since then? Makes sense.

I have no doubt that the numbers came down immediately following his election.  But just like a child who has figured out the parents are bluffing the illegal immigrants figured it out also.  I do think that he bears some responsibility for the increase.  Because he should have immediately taken a stand on his promise to the American people.

But we are here now.  I am supporting his shutdown.  I am supporting him as long as he doesn't cave on this. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I have no doubt that the numbers came down immediately following his election.  But just like a child who has figured out the parents are bluffing the illegal immigrants figured it out also.  I do think that he bears some responsibility for the increase.  Because he should have immediately taken a stand on his promise to the American people.

But we are here now.  I am supporting his shutdown.  I am supporting him as long as he doesn't cave on this.

Well, that and the fact that the numbers were down for a while.   :whistle:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

BOOM: GOP Lawmakers Reintroduce The Wall Act To Fund The ENTIRE Border Wall

Who gets fooled by this?  The wall is a joke.

Offline Frank Cannon

Who gets fooled by this?  The wall is a joke.

Slow night at DU?

Slow night at DU?
@Amb. Frank Cannon got fooled  88finger point
I stopped believing in the wall fairy when he said Mexico would pay for it.  This shutdown is a side spectacle to distract from the impending impeachment of the President who cried "wall."  I'm so moist.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
 I'm so moist.

Anal leakage.   Seek help.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Anal leakage.   Seek help.

What's the matter @The Ghost ?  Is this forum not big enough for your fantasy of a huge national monument to Trump's racism, and my fantasy of a human President?

Where else I'm I going to find the cutting edge presidential press release regurgitation of https://ilovemyfreedom.org and www.freedomboner.gun if I don't stop in here?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I stopped believing in the wall fairy when he said Mexico would pay for it.  This shutdown is a side spectacle to distract from the impending impeachment of the President who cried "wall."  I'm so moist.

So, you just post here to make fun of those you feel to be less perceptive than you?

Oh, wait, you've always done that.  Trump is just another excuse for you to be obnoxious.