Author Topic: **LIVE STICKY** Trump's Prime-Time Address to the Nation 1/8  (Read 8822 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: **LIVE STICKY** Trump's Prime-Time Address to the Nation 1/8
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2019, 02:34:06 am »
I agree with the President, but IMHO he should have stated his case and declared a National Emergency.  Why ping pong it back to the DEMS??  Game over Mr. President. Don't give the DEMS any squirming room.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2019, 02:34:13 am »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2019, 02:34:50 am »

GregGutfeld
‏Verified account @greggutfeld
5m5 minutes ago

the fact-checking feast that CNN expected and salivated over all day came up empty.
hard to factcheck actual death of innocent Americans.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline libertybele

« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2019, 02:35:44 am »
Max Boot
‏Verified account @MaxBoot
1m1 minute ago

That was not a speech that will convince anyone who doesn’t own a #MAGA hat.

Definitely not.  He did not make a strong case.   The only thing that is in play now, is the blame game and who can play it better.  I'm thoroughly disgusted.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2019, 02:36:06 am »

Tammy Bruce
‏Verified account @HeyTammyBruce
16m16 minutes ago

The Schumer/Pelosi response is stiff, angry and disconnected, highlighting even more @realDonaldTrump’s genuine concern about humanitarian crisis unfolding at the border. Dems didn’t address the issue, focused on politics. #smh
Support the USO

Online corbe

« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2019, 02:36:33 am »
    Just as the Republicans split from the Whigs in 1857 over Slavery, could it not be the time to consider another rejuvenation?

@Bigun 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2019, 02:37:43 am »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2019, 02:37:46 am »
Pelosi looks like she's embalmed. Heavy makeup. Wowser.

She and Pirro seem to be approaching the singularity.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2019, 02:37:54 am »
GregGutfeld
5m5 minutes ago

the fact-checking feast that CNN expected and salivated over all day came up empty.

Trump is supposed to visit the border ... he should have waited to address the nation.... gone in with a film crew showing the crisis at the border, interviewing victim's families, interview border agents and then Declared a National Emergency!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2019, 02:38:36 am »
Oh goody.  More talk from the President.  I don't want to hear again what Trump wants or what he's gonna do.  I wanna know what he did for the last two years besides golf. 

A national address for this? ****slapping

Offline libertybele

« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2019, 02:39:44 am »
Anyone?  Still concerned about Pres. Trump's eye ... his right eye (our viewing left) looked almost shut ... both eyes looked swollen.  He appears ill to me.  Make up helped.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2019, 02:40:06 am »
Secondly....anyone?  Did the President's eye look nearly shut??  He also seemed like he had a hard time breathing?  He seems ill???
@libertybele

Not ill - he did not want to stay with the words he was required to say and nothing else.  He has always gone off of printed speeches to do his own thing, but he stayed on each word in front of him and said nothing else.  It was his defiance countenance you saw, his not wanting to say it. The speech sounded like KellyAnne Conway wrote it - touchy/feely, crises of the heart; crises of the soul. 

Okay, just heard he did not want to do this; his aides wanted it to happen.  Again, this was likely thought up by Conway.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2019, 02:40:54 am »
Trump is supposed to visit the border ... he should have waited to address the nation.... gone in with a film crew showing the crisis at the border, interviewing victim's families, interview border agents and then Declared a National Emergency!

EXACTLY....that is what I was hoping for instead of an 8min press release that we hear everyday
Support the USO

Online corbe

« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2019, 02:41:53 am »
   Nancy reminds me of this guy somehow:

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2019, 02:42:18 am »
Max Boot
‏Verified account @MaxBoot
1m1 minute ago

That was not a speech that will convince anyone who doesn’t own a #MAGA hat.

But it was a nationally televised speech that in a short period of time delineated all the issues and made an excellent case for border security.

It put the ball squarely in the democrat's court.

I certainly didn't expect him to declare a national emergency during this speech.  That will take a lot more consideration.

Good Lord.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline edpc

« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2019, 02:42:22 am »
GregGutfeld
5m5 minutes ago

I guess Greg missed the immediate rebuttal by Shep on Fox.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2019, 02:42:31 am »
@libertybele

Not ill - he did not want to stay with the words he was required to say and nothing else.  He has always gone off of printed speeches to do his own thing, but he stayed on each word in front of him and said nothing else.  It was his defiance countenance you saw, his not wanting to say it. The speech sounded like KellyAnne Conway wrote it - touchy/feely, crises of the heart; crises of the soul. 

Okay, just heard he did not want to do this; his aides wanted it to happen.  Again, this was likely thought up by Conway.

Heard from whom??  Off script or on script ... his eye still looked nearly shut.  He obviously had difficulty breathing; almost like someone on/off oxygen source.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2019, 02:43:32 am »
2008 Dem Platform, secure on border.... Mark Levine, on Hannity now...

Offline libertybele

« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2019, 02:44:53 am »
EXACTLY....that is what I was hoping for instead of an 8min press release that we hear everyday

This 8 minutes is only allowing the liberal news media to criticize him BIGLY for the next day or so and to lay adoration at the feet of Schumer and Pelosi.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2019, 03:02:08 am »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2019, 03:03:29 am »
Pelosi looks like she's embalmed. Heavy makeup. Wowser.
@austingirl

I checked on Wikipedia and she is 79.  She looks older than I am.  Maybe she played golf out in the sun.  I would burn in the sun so I stayed out of it.  Could be she would not let Wikipedia state her real age.  One can tell she has had plastic surgery as her skin is thin, pulled up to her eyes.  After plastic surgery, a woman looks like a mannequin - not real.

I thought she must be close to 90 as her ability to find words she wants to say, is gone and she can't stay on the subject in one sentence.  I think she may have had mini-strokes as that would account for her language/memory going and she has been this way for several years but it has been getting worse since last year.  I didn't think she would be here this year, thought she would resign.  She has said this will be her last year.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2019, 03:04:10 am »
Build the Wall! Secure the damned Border!!!

LIKE !!
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline edpc

« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2019, 03:10:27 am »
Secondly....anyone?  Did the President's eye look nearly shut??  He also seemed like he had a hard time breathing?  He seems ill???

Resting Trump Face. It’s the same look he had during the 2018 shut down.

Offline Meldrew

« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2019, 03:10:34 am »
I got that vibe too.

Nancy reminds me of this guy somehow:

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2019, 03:12:12 am »
Heard from whom??  Off script or on script ... his eye still looked nearly shut.  He obviously had difficulty breathing; almost like someone on/off oxygen source.
\
@libertybele

White House reporter said it.  Maybe he is ill, will likely find that out soon as he is going to the border Thursday.  If sick, he won't go.

It was obvious to me his mouth stayed small, barely saying the words in front of him with little emotion.