Author Topic: Dennis Prager: Mitt Romney Fails Again  (Read 544 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Dennis Prager: Mitt Romney Fails Again
« on: January 08, 2019, 08:07:25 pm »
Dennis Prager
Townhall
January 8, 2019

The first public thing Mitt Romney did in the year 2019 -- on Jan. 1 -- was publish an attack on President Trump in the Washington Post, which, as we know, has not lacked for attacks on Trump.

He did not even wait until being sworn in, two days later.

I campaigned for Sen. Mitt Romney when he ran for president, including a closed-door meeting with him to raise funds among wealthy Los Angeles Republicans. As it turns out, I worked to elect a somewhat foolish man with few identifiable convictions. (For the record, I would do so again, since just about any Republican president will do less damage to the country than any leftist -- and Democratic politicians are now all leftists.) Life is filled with disappointments, and I will survive this one. But I should explain why this Romney column is so disappointing.

First the foolish part. What did Romney seek to achieve by publishing an attack on his own party's president? Did he think he would persuade one supporter of the president to stop supporting him? If he did, he failed, not because none of us can be persuaded to change our minds but because the piece was so intellectually and morally shallow...

When Donald Trump sought the Republican presidential nomination, I was convinced he had no ideology. And I could not identify any convictions. I therefore opposed his nomination. But I vigorously supported his campaign for president and hoped my original assessment was wrong. Lo and behold, Trump turns out to have the most solid conservative convictions of almost any Republican politician since Ronald Reagan -- and an almost preternatural amount of courage to put them into practice...

Full article

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Dennis Prager: Mitt Romney Fails Again
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 01:31:05 am »
I just discovered today that Mitt Romney is a direct descendant (great-great-grandson) of Parley P. Pratt, an associate of Joseph Smith and an influential early member of the Latter Day Saints.

Off-topic, but John Huntsman is also a direct descendant of Pratt (great-great-great grandson)...

(Mr. Pratt actually had 12 wives, 30 children, and 266 grandchildren)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Dennis Prager: Mitt Romney Fails Again
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 07:44:15 am »
It's not a failure if it is what he wanted to do.

Frankly,I am more than a little surprised anyone even suspects Mittens has ever had a single conservative thought.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!