Author Topic: Filing: Manafort accused of lying about sharing poll data  (Read 1168 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Filing: Manafort accused of lying about sharing poll data
« on: January 08, 2019, 07:56:02 pm »
WASHINGTON (AP) — A new court filing says former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort shared polling data on the 2016 presidential race with Konstantin Kilimnik, an associate accused of having ties to Russian intelligence.

The information is in a redacted court filing Tuesday from Manafort's lawyers. The Associated Press was able to view the redacted material because it wasn't properly blacked out.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/lawyers-manafort-suffers-depression-anxiety-183449213--politics.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Filing: Manafort accused of lying about sharing poll data
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 12:31:59 pm »
https://medium.com/@JamesFourM/trump-putin-and-the-mob-part-4-paul-manafort-was-the-kremlins-point-man-on-the-trump-campaign-9943c44c34a8

When he spoke to The Daily Beast earlier this year, Kost Bondarenko — a senior political analyst and sociologist in Ukraine — who worked with Paul Manafort for almost a decade said, “Trump won because of Manafort.”

Should we believe him? I believe we should, and now I’d like to tell you why.

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1082709718697684997

I wonder if any of this will add up to anything? It's interesting alright.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 12:36:58 pm by TomSea »

Offline Idiot

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 04:44:59 pm »
WASHINGTON (AP) — A new court filing says former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort shared polling data on the 2016 presidential race with Konstantin Kilimnik, an associate accused of having ties to Russian intelligence.

The information is in a redacted court filing Tuesday from Manafort's lawyers. The Associated Press was able to view the redacted material because it wasn't properly blacked out.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/lawyers-manafort-suffers-depression-anxiety-183449213--politics.html
I'm honestly to the point that I don't care anymore.....

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 04:46:05 pm »
I'm honestly to the point that I don't care anymore.....

Amen brother.  Let the circus leave town.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline edpc

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 05:07:19 pm »
After a couple years of saying ‘no evidence of collusion,’ people suddenly get disinterested when it begins to actually appear. What a shock.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 05:13:40 pm »
After a couple years of saying ‘no evidence of collusion,’ people suddenly get disinterested when it begins to actually appear. What a shock.

I guess it can be called 'evidence' but until its clear the poll data Manafort allegedly shared with a Russian with alleged ties to Russian intelligence wasn't already in the public domain its not exactly a smoking gun.

We've had so many of these 'evidence' stories come out that turned out to be bupkis you can hardly blame us for not swooning.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 05:15:28 pm by skeeter »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 05:39:53 pm »
They shared polling results, or at least, Manafort shared polling results with the Russian? Is that some sort of smoking gun? I know some in the liberal media are trying to make hay out of this.

Offline edpc

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2019, 05:40:34 pm »
I guess it can be called 'evidence' but until its clear the poll data Manafort allegedly shared with a Russian with alleged ties to Russian intelligence wasn't already in the public domain its not exactly a smoking gun.

We've had so many of these 'evidence' stories come out that turned out to be bupkis you can hardly blame us for not swooning.

Common sense would tell you the information wasn’t just average data you could find with a web search. Manafort and Gates were into Deripaska for millions. Kilimnik was Manafort’s go-between. He offered private briefings and inquired how he could be ‘made whole’ with the Russian oligarch. In order to do that, you need to provide something of value. That wouldn’t be the latest Reuters/Ipsos polling.

Offline edpc

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2019, 05:55:15 pm »
They shared polling results, or at least, Manafort shared polling results with the Russian? Is that some sort of smoking gun? I know some in the liberal media are trying to make hay out of this.

Take it a step further and consider what a problem it becomes, if Manafort gave them internal data to get back into good graces with Deripaska. Subsequently, that information gets passed along to the Russian troll farm to drive issues and opinion. It won’t look good if Manafort provided information to a man under US sanctions, who then in turn gave that data to a hostile foreign intelligence service that interfered in the election process.

Remember how Judge Ellis wanted to see the classified and redacted information to know why Manafort’s finances related to the special counsel mandate? It’s likely we will find out this information was included in that portion and why Ellis ultimately concluded the charges were relevant.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 05:56:11 pm by edpc »