Author Topic: Rashida Tlaib Accused of ANTI-SEMITIC Slur, dDays After Profane Anti-Trump Tirade  (Read 921 times)

rangerrebew

Tuesday, January 8, 2019
Rashida Tlaib Accused of ANTI-SEMITIC Slur, dDays After Profane Anti-Trump Tirade

Less than a week after issuing a profanity-infused call to impeach President Trump on her first day in office, Michigan Democratic Rep. Rashida Tlaib is under fire from Republican politicians and commentators for openly posting what they call an anti-Semitic dog whistle on Twitter.

Top Republicans in the Senate are also alleging that Democratic leaders are hoping to hide the fact that Tlaib is just one of many new Democratic politicians in Congress who harbor deeply anti-Israel views.

Tlaib, responding to a post by Vermont Independent Sen. Bernie Sanders on Monday, suggested that Senate Republicans were more loyal to Israel than the U.S., amid a report that GOP leaders were planning to introduce a bill that would punish companies that participate in the so-called "Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions" (BDS) global movement against Israel.  BDS proponents seek to pressure Israel through economic and other means -- often, until Israel ceases to exist in its current form.

https://www.socio-political-journal.com/2019/01/rashida-tlaib-accused-of-anti-semitic.html

Online andy58-in-nh

Rashida is gonna be a real gas.....
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline goatprairie

It is becoming harder and harder for Dems to deny the bigots in their own party.  But they will try.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Rashida is gonna be a real gas.....
@andy58
I normally feel you. .. A brother from a nother brother vibe.....  But you lost me....
Heart of Glass or Kid Charlemagne?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Rashida Tlaib Accused of ANTI-SEMITIC Slur, dDays After Profane Anti-Trump Tirade"

Surprise, surprise, surprise!

I predict this isn't going to be the last time.

I also predict her attacks on Israel and the Jews will intensify in the future...

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I don't like her, I like Marco Rubio, I know, many don't, but he's the one accusing her but I don't think what she said was that inflammatory. I could be wrong.
"They forgot what country they represent," Tlaib, a Palestinian-American who made history last week by becoming one of the first two Muslim women to ever serve in Congress, wrote.

"This is the U.S. where boycotting is a right & part of our historical fight for freedom & equality. Maybe a refresher on our U.S. Constitution is in order, then get back to opening up our government instead of taking our rights away," she added.
Florida Republican Sen. Marco Rubio, one of the Republican senators to introduce the anti-BDS bill, immediately called Tlaib's post an "anti-Semitic line" that perpetuates a longstanding "dual loyalty" conspiracy that holds that Israel effectively controls Washington politicians.

From source: https://www.socio-political-journal.com/2019/01/rashida-tlaib-accused-of-anti-semitic.html

Maybe what she says is mildly offensive and mildly anti-semitic, I acknowledge I could be wrong but I don't see much here.

Note, people are not weighing in and saying "Oh, she said wrong", No, what the stories say is she is being accused of this.

Online andy58-in-nh

@andy58
I normally feel you. .. A brother from a nother brother vibe.....  But you lost me....
Heart of Glass or Kid Charlemagne?
@The Ghost

I meant that in old-school fashion: "she's a gas" as in "she's energizing-ly fun". Or, perhaps because she appears to harbor hatred for Jews, and think they didn't get enough "gas" the first go-around. (ooooohhh....)

Either way, the estimable Ms. Rashida and her bug-eyed Brooklyn cohort Ms. Occasional-Cortex are both now feeling their oats:

You turned it on the world

That's when you turned the world around
(Did you feel like Jesus?)
Did you realize that you were a champion in their eyes?

- Steely Dan, Kid Charlemagne

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
@The Ghost

I meant that in old-school fashion: "she's a gas" as in "she's energizing-ly fun". Or, perhaps because she appears to harbor hatred for Jews, and think they didn't get enough "gas" the first go-around. (ooooohhh....)

Either way, the estimable Ms. Rashida and her bug-eyed Brooklyn cohort Ms. Occasional-Cortex are both now feeling their oats:

You turned it on the world

That's when you turned the world around
(Did you feel like Jesus?)
Did you realize that you were a champion in their eyes?

- Steely Dan, Kid Charlemagne

Got it!   

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.