Author Topic: Schumer, Pelosi to deliver joint response to Trump speech  (Read 2000 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Schumer, Pelosi to deliver joint response to Trump speech
« on: January 08, 2019, 04:16:02 pm »
By Jordain Carney - 01/08/19 10:53 AM EST

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Democratic Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) will deliver a joint response on Tuesday night to President Trump's primetime Oval Office address on the border and the partial government shutdown.

Pelosi and Schumer "will deliver a joint Democratic response to the Presidential Address tonight," Drew Hammill, a spokesman for Pelosi, said in a tweet.

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/424311-schumer-pelosi-to-deliver-joint-response-to-trump-speech
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Schumer, Pelosi to deliver joint response to Trump speech
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 05:55:05 pm »

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Democratic Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) will deliver a joint response on Tuesday night to President Trump's primetime Oval Office address on the border and the partial government shutdown.

Pelosi and Schumer "will deliver a joint Democratic response to the Presidential Address tonight," Drew Hammill, a spokesman for Pelosi, said in a tweet.

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/424311-schumer-pelosi-to-deliver-joint-response-to-trump-speech

How much you want to bet that their rebuttal lasts longer than the 8 minutes afforded to the President?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 05:58:05 pm »

more

Will their hate-filled anti-American diatribe be broadcast on the networks? It shouldn't be.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 06:30:52 pm »
One of the networks said they will do a voice-over fact check on the president’s address, live as it is delivered.

Wonder if they will do the same for the Pelosi and Schumer response?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 06:31:40 pm by aligncare »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 06:41:31 pm »
One of the networks said they will do a voice-over fact check on the president’s address, live as it is delivered.

Wonder if they will do the same for the Pelosi and Schumer response?

To ask the question is to answer it.

The idiot left should either do the voice over or allow equal time for the rats. But not both - its just gonna make them look worse when they talk all over Trump and then listen reverently to the rat response immediately afterwards.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 07:41:58 pm »
I hope Trump shows video of Nancy and Schmuckie and all the big rats when they were for a wall...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2019, 07:59:25 pm »

Can I get in on that joint response?
The Republic is lost.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2019, 08:10:30 pm »
Sanders to deliver his own response to Trump speech
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/424378-sanders-to-deliver-his-own-response-to-trump-speech
Will Liz of the Mohicans, AOC, Kamaltoe, and Corey also regale us with their leftist blather?
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2019, 09:03:38 pm »
I hope Trump shows video of Nancy and Schmuckie and all the big rats when they were for a wall...
@mystery-ak

Think about this: Why would Trump speak for only eight minutes?  What is so important to tell the country in eight minutes?  I can only think of one thing: announcing he is instituting martial law.  He says it, explains a bit and that is the end of the eight minutes.  Has he ever stopped talking in eight minutes?  Is this written down and he reads the words exactly so he won't screw up the legal words he needs to say.   Fox News, at 3:01 pm, central time, right this minute, says it is not about martial law.  Fox says he wants to compromise with the Dems. and that is what he is going to say.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2019, 09:21:53 pm »
@mystery-ak

Think about this: Why would Trump speak for only eight minutes?  What is so important to tell the country in eight minutes?  I can only think of one thing: announcing he is instituting martial law.  He says it, explains a bit and that is the end of the eight minutes.  Has he ever stopped talking in eight minutes?  Is this written down and he reads the words exactly so he won't screw up the legal words he needs to say.   Fox News, at 3:01 pm, central time, right this minute, says it is not about martial law.  Fox says he wants to compromise with the Dems. and that is what he is going to say.

8 mins?...why bother. I was hoping he would lay out a well thought out plan and show clips of Chuckie and Nancy all for the wall several years ago
Support the USO

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2019, 09:29:44 pm »
@mystery-ak

Forget your meds this am?  Or did you just get an extra large shipment of foil in and couldn’t think of what else to do with it?
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2019, 09:33:57 pm »
What's the over/under that Pelosi will lock up during her "rebuttal"?
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2019, 09:41:31 pm »
8 mins?...why bother. I was hoping he would lay out a well thought out plan and show clips of Chuckie and Nancy all for the wall several years ago

Well now that you and Vicky have determined this will be a waste of time … is it safe to assume they'll be no live thread here at the conservative hub, TBR? @mystery-ak

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2019, 09:46:28 pm »
Well now that you and Vicky have determined this will be a waste of time … is it safe to assume they'll be no live thread here at the conservative hub, TBR? @mystery-ak

Her name is Victoria and I never said I agreed with her...I said I was hoping for more out of the President.....if you want a live thread start one.
Support the USO

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2019, 10:02:27 pm »

Why anybody could claim to be conservative, and criticize a President trying to improve US border security, escapes me.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2019, 10:05:06 pm »
Her name is Victoria and I never said I agreed with her...I said I was hoping for more out of the President.....if you want a live thread start one.

I remember a funny thing my grandpa used to say all the time. If someone asked him for something, he would always come back with: "What are you, a Democrat? Do it yourself".

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2019, 10:08:40 pm »
@mystery-ak

My TV announcer says it is an 8 minute talk, I surely did not make that up.  I personally don't think he can stop at 8 minutes unless he reads something and quits right then.

I will definitely be watching it; wouldn't miss it and will hear the Dems, too.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2019, 10:14:29 pm »
@mystery-ak

"Trump's speech is expected to begin at 9 p.m. CBS said in a statement to The Hill that the White House informed the network it will last no longer than eight minutes."

« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 10:15:05 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2019, 10:28:48 pm »
Oh joy we get 4 count them 4 Rat rebuttals.  Can't you just feel the love.  Yes the rat love is a comin. It's the Pelosi and Schmuckie love.  Pack up the babies and grab the old ladies and everyone goes, 'Cause everyone knows it the Rat's traveling shit show.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2019, 10:31:11 pm »
IMHO I think he is going to point out what is happening at the border; i.e., illegal crossings, caravans, terrorists, MS-13, drug cartel, etc., and then announce he is declaring a National Emergency.

He declares a national emergency and Pelosi and Chuckie try to scoff at him they will look like utter fools, especially when the next caravan shows up or God forbid a border agent is harmed or killed.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2019, 10:57:27 pm »

Hey, I bet FR will have a great thread. @Right_in_Virginia

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2019, 11:01:34 pm »
   Live sticky for speech tonight.

You posting a thread: " Live sticky for speech tonight "

Has a whole nother meaning ....
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2019, 11:08:25 pm »
You posting a thread: " Live sticky for speech tonight "

Has a whole nother meaning ....

Puts the icky in sticky.