Author Topic: Escape from Portland. Unarmed cops, an 18% murder rise, and vigilante justice.  (Read 463 times)

rangerrebew

Escape from Portland
Unarmed cops, an 18% murder rise, and vigilante justice.
January 7, 2019
Daniel Greenfield

It was a big year in Portland where the murder rate rose 18.6%. That was the perfect time for Portland’s progressive politburo to spend over $1 million on unarmed cops armed only with pepper spray.

There was a little bit of excitement when it was learned that their 200 hours of training would include “Taser Orientation” suggesting that they might be allowed to carry tasers. But Mayor Wheeler’s office explained that the weaponless cops weren’t being trained to use tasers, but “how to avoid being tased”.

Portlanders aren’t waiting for officers to show up and shout, “Don’t tase me, bro”. Instead in a city overrun with crime, they’re increasingly taking matters and guns into their hands.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/272426/escape-portland-daniel-greenfield

Offline mountaineer

Mr. M has a good friend in Portland. Bob definitely is a liberal, but their friendship is greater than political differences. Last night, Bob called and immediately started railing against Oregon's far left governor making a big deal out of being "bisexual." Bob was practically yelling, "Who the __ cares if she's bisexual?!?" This went on for quite a while.

I think there's hope for Bob.  happy77
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
The worst thing about electing the Far Left is you have to live under them. That's how you end up with economic deserts like Detroit. People will move out of Portland into the suburbs and Portland will become a crime-ridden cesspool that becomes a cash teat for the city's politicians. You will end up with just immigrants running stores and people living on crime/free government money. Then the pension system will collapse.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline mountaineer

The worst thing about electing the Far Left is you have to live under them. That's how you end up with economic deserts like Detroit. People will move out of Portland into the suburbs and Portland will become a crime-ridden cesspool that becomes a cash teat for the city's politicians. You will end up with just immigrants running stores and people living on crime/free government money. Then the pension system will collapse.
And then the leftists will escape the mess they've created - and infect some new area, kind of like what Californians are doing to Texas (or so I've heard).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
And then the leftists will escape the mess they've created - and infect some new area, kind of like what Californians are doing to Texas (or so I've heard).
Did to Colorado....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis