Author Topic: Obama's DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson: 'We are truly in a crisis' at southern border  (Read 417 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Obama's DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson: 'We are truly in a crisis' at southern border
Washington Examiner, Mar 29, 2019, Anna Giaritelli

Jeh Johnson, homeland security secretary during former President Barack Obama's second term, declared Friday the southern border is in a "crisis" state, a claim the Trump administration first made late last year.

"We are truly in a crisis," Johnson told MSNBC "Morning Joe" host Mika Brzezinski.

"On Tuesday there were 4,000 apprehensions. I know that 1,000 [apprehensions] overwhelms the system and I cannot begin to imagine what 4,000 a day looks like," he said.

U.S. Border Patrol agents on the southwest border took more people into custody Monday than in any day in the past 10 years, U.S. Customs and Border Protection announced Tuesday.

More:  https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/obamas-dhs-secretary-jeh-johnson-we-are-truly-in-a-crisis-at-southern-border

Offline libertybele

I find this surprising actually that this is even being reported; certainly the DEMS don't want to hear this. Kirstjen Nielsen has stated that shutting down the border may be necessary.

So .... I'm still wondering.... what's the hold up to shutting it down??  How much of a crisis is needed before they act?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Speaking as a NT, I enjoy reading about the President's ineffectiveness.