Poll

Does anyone here actually believe this?

Yes
2 (25%)
No
6 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: March 31, 2019, 12:51:23 am

Author Topic: Pence aide says Trump will submit a healthcare plan to Congress 'this year'  (Read 1121 times)

Online corbe

Pence aide says Trump will submit a healthcare plan to Congress 'this year'

By Chris Mills Rodrigo - 03/27/19 08:05 PM EDT

Former White House aide Marc Short said Wednesday that President Trump plans to submit a healthcare plan to Congress "this year."

“The president will be putting forward plans this year that we hope to introduce into Congress,” Short, who now serves as Vice President Pence's chief of staff, said on CNN's "The Situation Room."

“What you will see as far as Republican plans that will be offered will provide again insurance across state lines, will be able to look to reduce premiums and provide more freedom, and we're happy to have the debate with Democrats as they continue to march toward socialized medicine."

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/436170-pence-aide-says-trump-will-submit-a-healthcare-plan-to-congress-this-year
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Now with polling goodness.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Let's roll it all back to the ways of the 1960s....  average Jane and Joe could pay for most of their family healthcare out of pocket....  or maybe a 12 month payment plan with the doc for the larger expenses....  truly indigent or a catastrophic event?  local charities cover the gap....

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Healthcare again.  He is a fool.  He was misguided in his first year, and misguided now.  Healthcare is a very complex area, and requires bipartisan effort in Congress, unless you have control of both houses in Congress.  The Dems are adamant about their resistance, right up until Trump leaves.

Frankly, 2019 is the first year all of America is subjugated to Obamacare, and Americans have not suffered sufficiently for Trump to experience any form of success.  If he were smart, he would hold off on healthcare until his 2nd term, IF, he is fortunate enough to get re-elected.  And I do think his re-election is in jeopardy.

While I agree he has accomplished a great deal, he has failed on his hallmark issue, the illegal alien invasion, and he has failed to execute the only thing I know he promised for Day 1, the end of the H1-b Visa Program.

If he genuinely wants a new healthcare program, he needs to gain voting majorities in both houses, otherwise he is wasting his time.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Healthcare again.  He is a fool.  He was misguided in his first year, and misguided now.  Healthcare is a very complex area, and requires bipartisan effort in Congress, unless you have control of both houses in Congress.  The Dems are adamant about their resistance, right up until Trump leaves.

Frankly, 2019 is the first year all of America is subjugated to Obamacare, and Americans have not suffered sufficiently for Trump to experience any form of success.  If he were smart, he would hold off on healthcare until his 2nd term, IF, he is fortunate enough to get re-elected.  And I do think his re-election is in jeopardy.

While I agree he has accomplished a great deal, he has failed on his hallmark issue, the illegal alien invasion, and he has failed to execute the only thing I know he promised for Day 1, the end of the H1-b Visa Program.

If he genuinely wants a new healthcare program, he needs to gain voting majorities in both houses, otherwise he is wasting his time.
It's  only complex because the bastards in Washington have purposefully made it so.  Get the damned government out of the way and see how remarkably simple it can be.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Let's roll it all back to the ways of the 1960s....  average Jane and Joe could pay for most of their family healthcare out of pocket....  or maybe a 12 month payment plan with the doc for the larger expenses....  truly indigent or a catastrophic event?  local charities cover the gap....

:amen:  888high58888  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jafo2010

I wish I could fly and be invisible at will, but none of that will ever happen.

Government in healthcare will never end.  They control basically all healthcare, they regulate every aspect of it because taxpayer dollars pay for a large percent of all healthcare, perhaps north of 50%.

I have spent over 20 years of my life in healthcare, and you might as well get used to the government being involved up to their eyeballs.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I can't wait to find out if it is as good as the tax cuts that I didn't get.  Probably going to cost me more.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Applewood

Another campaign issue he neglected till now.  Will he declare a national emergency if the bozos in congress don't act?

By the way, I thought the Republican campaign slogan was "repeal root and branch."  Didnt say "replace." 

Get government out of our health care!

Offline Applewood

I can't wait to find out if it is as good as the tax cuts that I didn't get.  Probably going to cost me more.

If they go with completely government run health care, which all of them -- Democrat and Republican -- really want, it may cost you more than money.

Offline jafo2010

It already is bringing that cost.  My best friend, he died prematurely because of Obamacare policies.  Only in 2019 will America get a true taste of Obamacare for all.  Obama delayed the full implementation until 2018, so 2019 will be the first year all in America will be subjected to it's harm.

The overwhelming problem is that the same stakeholders sit around the table to discuss healthcare, and they all have a stake in the game and want it to remain as much as possible THE SAME.

Those stakeholders are academics, bureaucrats, physicians and the pharmaceuticals.  Then of course there are the insurance companies, making huge sums, and they do not want change either, unless it brings them greater revenue.  If Trump wants quality healthcare at reduced cost, he needs to add other stakeholders at the table, and they need to run the meetings.  Namely, people highly experienced in cutting cost in healthcare, with an intent to redesign the architecture. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

If they go with completely government run health care, which all of them -- Democrat and Republican -- really want, it may cost you more than money.

The government doesn't do anything good.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online libertybele

Quite frankly, this will be the least of our worries if we don't get control of things at the border soon.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Quite frankly, this will be the least of our worries if we don't get control of things at the border soon.

And the irony is that no matter what health care the illegal immigrants will get more and 100% covered.  All they have to do is walk into any hospital and claim they don't have money to pay.  Pregnant women are coming to drop babies as soon as they get here.  And the baby is American!  Who pays?  You and me.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

All of America?   

I thought Congress and their aids were exempt.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online libertybele

This is nothing more than to take focus off the FAILURE @ the border.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.