Author Topic: Dem strategist says Ocasio-Cortez won't be an effective legislator  (Read 784 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
1/7/2019

Democratic strategist Kristen Hawn said on Monday that she did not believe Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) would be an effective legislator.

"The way she's going about the legislating process, I don't think she's going to be that effective. I really don't," Hawn, a senior adviser at Agenda Global, told Hill.TV's Krystal Ball and Buck Sexton on "Rising."

"I would actually pose that she has already had a major defeat. She came out immediately against the pay-go rules being reinstated in the rules package, was soundly defeated behind the scenes when more moderate members of the caucus, including members of the Blue Dog coalition, went to the Speaker and said 'we have the votes to take this rules package down if you do not include it,' " she said. "It was a huge defeat. Nobody's talking about."

Ocasio-Cortez was one of three Democrats who voted against a Democratic rules package last week that included the “pay-as-you-go” provision, which requires a point of order against any bill that raises the deficit or reduces a surplus.

https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/424159-dem-strategist-says-ocasio-cortez-wont-be-an-effective-legislator
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Dem strategist says Ocasio-Cortez won't be an effective legislator
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 10:13:36 pm »
We'll have to see if she's effective. Brainpower is not a requirement for success as a democrat.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline verga

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 03:08:50 pm »
I want to know their definition of "effective". For Libs it is raising taxers and killing opportunity.
For me it means reducing taxes, decreasing unemployment, increasing personal freedom by reducing government interference.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 03:28:35 pm »
I read where she got passed over for a juicy appointment as did the Israel hating loud mouth muzzie.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.