Author Topic: Graham 'hell bent' on filling next Supreme Court vacancy with conservative justice, amid Ginsburg he  (Read 755 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Graham 'hell bent' on filling next Supreme Court vacancy with conservative justice, amid Ginsburg health woes
Gregg Re

South Carolina Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham told "Fox News Sunday" that he is "hell-bent" on ensuring that the next Supreme Court vacancy -- whether it is ailing Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg's seat or otherwise -- is filled by a conservative, regardless of what outrage follows from the left.

Graham, the new chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee committee, emphasized that former Democratic Sen. Majority Leader Harry Reid had eliminated the Senate filibuster for federal appellate judicial nominees in 2013. Republicans later retaliated by eliminating the filibuster for Supreme Court appointments, meaning that a simple majority -- rather than a 60-vote supermajority -- is sufficient to confirm new Supreme Court nominees.

"My Democratic colleagues felt when they were in charge we should confirm judges by a majority vote," Graham told Fox News' Chris Wallace. "They changed the rules to accommodate President Obama. They tried to stack the court. They never thought [Hillary] Clinton would lose. So what you’re gonna have is Harry Reid’s and Chuck Schumer’s desire to stack the court on their Democratic watch has come back to haunt them."

Read more at: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-still-willing-to-offer-tps-extension-daca-work-permits-in-exchange-for-border-wall-graham-says

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The important question that needs to be answered during the confirmation hearing is whether he/she likes beer.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

The important question that needs to be answered during the confirmation hearing is whether he/she likes beer.

In some of my songs
I have casually mentioned
The fact that I like to drink beer
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Applewood

Still don't rust Graham.

I'd like to know how he defines "conservative" since the definition changes with the direction of the wind.

Online Polly Ticks

Still don't rust Graham.

I'd like to know how he defines "conservative" since the definition changes with the direction of the wind.

Graham will be responsible only for seeing them confirmed, not for choosing them.  If Trump sticks to the list, we should be in pretty good shape.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
When evaluating politicians, realize the recent GOP Speakers the members elected were Hastert,  Boehner and finally Ryan.

--Hastert a pervert.

-Boehner is a marijuana lobbyist.

--Ryan left unmet, campaign promises of his fellow members and of Trump, to become a wealthy lobbyist.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online libertybele

The Senate confirms a justice, but the President nominates the justice.  Secondly, Ginsburg has not stepped down or passed away, and to make comments like this is inappropriate.  She may live till long past 2020 and the DEMS may have the oval office ... who knows?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.