Author Topic: Pelosi Introduces Legislation That Will Force States to Allow Convicted Felons to Vote  (Read 1932 times)

BassWrangler

@BassWrangler
@mystery-ak

In Texas, it works like this:
1. When an election happens and people who are registered to vote are in jail: if they have not been convicted, they vote a mail/absentee ballot.
2. Convicted people in jail/prison cannot vote even if registered to vote.
3. When a person serves his/her time in prison and is released, or is on probation but out of jail/prison, the person may vote if already registered or register to vote. 

A person on probation, can also run for public office.  This is why I know how this works in Texas as in my county we had a Democrat guy on probation run for office.

Thanks, @Victoria33. Does it matter if the offense was a felony? IOW, after release from jail, is a felon allowed to vote again?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yeah, but.... the leftists could have done that already under Obama.  They didn't because of the obvious reason.  We (their opposition) are very well armed and equipped to resist them (and pissed off just enough to start a revolution if they tried to pull something like that). 

Besides... becoming a "convicted felon" would take time, court costs and taxpayer money (lots of it) for them to convict all gun owners who disobeyed an unconstitutional law.  I really don't think that even the rabid leftists dare go that far.
A conviction isn't really necessary if they can bankrupt you through lawyer's fees and dragged out proceedings. Ask any of the bikers arrested at Twin Peaks in Waco. There are other ways to disenfranchise people.Crushing them economically doesn't even require a good case, just a willing prosecutor. 
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Victoria33

Thanks, @Victoria33. Does it matter if the offense was a felony? IOW, after release from jail, is a felon allowed to vote again?
@BassWrangler

"...is a felon allowed to vote again?"   Yes, if he/she has served their time and released from prison.  He/she can be on probation.

BassWrangler

@BassWrangler

"...is a felon allowed to vote again?"   Yes, if he/she has served their time and released from prison.  He/she can be on probation.

Thanks, @Victoria33