Author Topic: THe infiltrator How an undercover Oil Industry Mercenary Tricked Pipeline Opponents into Believing H  (Read 1011 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

It is an interesting article, but I find it hard to read anything written by such a biased writer like this.

article includes this:
Behind the operation was Energy Transfer, whose pipeline empire has been key to propelling the U.S. oil and gas boom at a moment when the devastating impacts of climate change demand a rapid halt in fossil fuel production.

the author's last article is this piece of insanity:
CLIMATE CHANGE REFUGEES SHARE STORIES OF ESCAPING WILDFIRES, FLOODS, AND DROUGHTS https://theintercept.com/2018/12/29/climate-change-refugees/

What is amusing is the infiltration seems something like what the enviro-wackos try to do all the time to industry, so their own weapons are used against them.

Turnabout is fair play.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It is an interesting article, but I find it hard to read anything written by such a biased writer like this.

article includes this:
Behind the operation was Energy Transfer, whose pipeline empire has been key to propelling the U.S. oil and gas boom at a moment when the devastating impacts of climate change demand a rapid halt in fossil fuel production.

the author's last article is this piece of insanity:
CLIMATE CHANGE REFUGEES SHARE STORIES OF ESCAPING WILDFIRES, FLOODS, AND DROUGHTS https://theintercept.com/2018/12/29/climate-change-refugees/

What is amusing is the infiltration seems something like what the enviro-wackos try to do all the time to industry, so their own weapons are used against them.

Turnabout is fair play.
It is an interesting, if frightful, peek under the hood at the engines which drive that movement. I am all for letting them be as paranoid as possible. Let 'em lose it. They won't listen to reason, are undeterred by facts, and tend to be scientifically illiterate.
They have no knowledge of economics, nor a clue where the equipment they use and the clothes they wear come from--I'd wager at least some of that came from petrochemical feedstocks.
And, yes, I'd wager that there were some LEO types scattered through that camp as well, just to keep tabs on imminent destructive actions of that lot. How the ecowhackos can reconcile taking steps to damage the environment they proclaim they are out to 'save' is beyond me, but cognitive deficits are their stock in trade.

So, I figured I'd post that one just to give folks here a look at how their minds work.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis