Author Topic: Steyer Dumps More Cash Into Impeach Movement As Dems Jump On Board  (Read 3221 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Steyer Dumps More Cash Into Impeach Movement As Dems Jump On Board
3:07 PM 01/05/2019 | Elections
Chris White | Energy Reporter

Billionaire Tom Steyer is dumping more money into his campaign to oust President Donald Trump as incoming Democratic lawmakers consider jumping on board the movement to impeach the president.

Steyer is plowing another $6 million into what some Democratic leaders worry is an ill-fated attempt to impeach the president, The Daily Beast reported Friday. Some liberal progressive lawmakers are warming to the idea, while House Majority Leader Nancy Pelosi pushes back.

He remains focused on “getting Donald Trump out of the White House,” Need to Impeach strategist Kevin Mack told reporters. “We’d like to have that happen through impeachment but if we have to we’ll beat him at the ballot box in 2020,” he noted, referring to speculation of Steyer’s political ambition.

That bulk of the cash will go to national cable and broadcast advertising in early presidential primary states like Iowa, Nevada, and South Carolina. Approximately $2.5 million will go to television campaigns while another $3.5 million is expected to be plowed into a digital effort.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/05/nancy-pelosi-impeachment/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Re: Steyer Dumps More Cash Into Impeach Movement As Dems Jump On Board
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 09:46:25 pm »
I would like to know just what these impeach Trump folks expect to charge him with.  I don't like Trump, but that's not enough cause for impeachment.  Until and unless all these investigations produce something that would be considered an impeachable offense, an impeachment is a waste of time and taxpayer money.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 02:13:04 am »
I would like to know just what these impeach Trump folks expect to charge him with.  I don't like Trump, but that's not enough cause for impeachment.  Until and unless all these investigations produce something that would be considered an impeachable offense, an impeachment is a waste of time and taxpayer money.

There is a fundamental misunderstanding of our Constitutional Republic  The Low-Info morons think we have a Parliamentary System, where the Prime Minister can be chucked out by a simple vote of No Confidence.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 04:16:54 am »
So, instead of working on border security, instead of making a budget (if they even remember what one of those is on Capitol Hill) these twits are hell bent on trying Trump for ...just what, exactly?

Delusion writ large. They have started believing their own bullshit.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 04:18:27 am »
There is a fundamental misunderstanding of our Constitutional Republic  The Low-Info morons think we have a Parliamentary System, where the Prime Minister can be chucked out by a simple vote of No Confidence.

Hey...They got him now. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2019, 07:26:22 am »
Hey...They got him now.

Go ahead Steyer.

Dump it all into impeachment and the rest of us won't have to see you "In The NEWS" once you're broke.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2019, 12:07:21 am »
Smokin' Joe wrote:
"Delusion writ large. They have started believing their own bullshit."

When have they NOT "believed their own b.s." ??

Online corbe

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2019, 12:18:18 am »
    In spite of GOP stellar's like Issa, Gowdy and the like unable to bring one single charge against that ho, hellary, Trump has baggage and these morons will find it, unfortunately.                                                               
                                                     It's how they roll.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2019, 03:34:55 am »
Smokin' Joe wrote:
"Delusion writ large. They have started believing their own bullshit."

When have they NOT "believed their own b.s." ??
LBJ seemed a mite cynical when he signed the Act that would have 'the n______s voting Democrat for 50 years'. Do I think he believed the BS? Nope. It was a calculated move. Between then and now, they've started believing their own crap, or at least some of them have.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2019, 04:07:36 am »

So "I don't like him" is not an impeachable offense?  The democrats will be SOOOO disappointed.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2019, 03:12:59 pm »
LBJ seemed a mite cynical when he signed the Act that would have 'the n______s voting Democrat for 50 years'. Do I think he believed the BS? 

@Smokin Joe

Of course he believed it. Why else do you think he and the people who supported him went to all that trouble?

And he was right,too. More than 90 percent of the blacks that vote,vote Dim.

In some districts,the Dims get more than 100 percent of the black vote. People who are dead,cartoon characters,and other imaginary people vote Dim in those districts.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 03:14:31 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2019, 03:15:00 pm »
So "I don't like him" is not an impeachable offense?  The democrats will be SOOOO disappointed.

Article 1. He's a motherf....r
Article 2. Ahh

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2019, 03:20:50 pm »
Don't they realize they get Pence, even if it gets past the Senate? Are these people this crazy?

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2019, 03:23:33 pm »
Don't they realize they get Pence, even if it gets past the Senate? Are these people this crazy?

This from a party that believes that whomever wins the popular vote wins the Presidency.

Oh That was a Rhetorical question!   Nevermind.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2019, 03:31:37 pm »
This from a party that believes that whomever wins the popular vote wins the Presidency.

Oh That was a Rhetorical question!   Nevermind.

And if the Got Pence they'd be howling about how much More Extreme he is than Trump was, and it'll be Off To The Races Again with these Brownshirts.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2019, 03:33:05 pm »
And if the Got Pence they'd be howling about how much More Extreme he is than Trump was,...

@To-Whose-Benefit?

That's because it is their default position on anything they don't promote.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2019, 03:35:34 pm »

I used to think the bar had to be set pretty high, but then looking back on the two impeachments in our history, frankly they were for relatively minor things.

Andrew Johnson had 13 articles of impeachment- mostly around him firing and hiring people in the war department congress didn't like. The 12th and 13th article were basically 'disrespecting congress' - he mocked members of congress and the body in public.

Of course, we all know Bill Clinton's story. The investigation started with possible illegal structuring of land deals (Whitewater) and ended up being charged with lying about an affair and instructing others to lie.

Ideally, the bar for 'high crimes' should be very, very high, but our history shows that a congress willing to act, will set that bar very low if they don't like someone.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2019, 03:50:48 pm »
I used to think the bar had to be set pretty high, but then looking back on the two impeachments in our history, frankly they were for relatively minor things.

Andrew Johnson had 13 articles of impeachment- mostly around him firing and hiring people in the war department congress didn't like. The 12th and 13th article were basically 'disrespecting congress' - he mocked members of congress and the body in public.

Of course, we all know Bill Clinton's story. The investigation started with possible illegal structuring of land deals (Whitewater) and ended up being charged with lying about an affair and instructing others to lie.

Ideally, the bar for 'high crimes' should be very, very high, but our history shows that a congress willing to act, will set that bar very low if they don't like someone.

@ABX  Yup. 

Whenever I see somebody post, "Is that an impeachable offense?" I always answer:  "An 'Impeachable offense' is whatever the House wants it to be."  They can Impeach the President over a Tweet if they want to.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2019, 03:53:08 pm »
@ABX  Yup. 

Whenever I see somebody post, "Is that an impeachable offense?" I always answer:  "An 'Impeachable offense' is whatever the House wants it to be."  They can Impeach the President over a Tweet if they want to.

At least with Clinton I believe they waited until he was found in contempt of Court, right?

To me, that's a good bar for impeachment.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2019, 03:56:29 pm »
@ABX  Yup. 

True. But then if there aren't real high crimes, etc involved the congress, or more specifically the party in control, runs the real political risk of looking really, really stupid. Sets one helluva crappy precedent too.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 03:58:14 pm by skeeter »

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2019, 04:16:58 pm »
I believe Pelosi is waiting for Mueller's report; I heard her say that so maybe she meant that.  Certainly if the report has a legal criminal charge against Trump, she will go for impeachment.  A judge, yesterday or the day before, extended the life of the grand jury dealing with the Mueller investigation. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2019, 04:31:04 pm »
I believe Pelosi is waiting for Mueller's report; I heard her say that so maybe she meant that.  Certainly if the report has a legal criminal charge against Trump, she will go for impeachment.  A judge, yesterday or the day before, extended the life of the grand jury dealing with the Mueller investigation.

She wants the political cover.  Something/anything from the Mueller report will be the basis for Impeachment, and a lot of GOP will support it because they hate Trump as much as the Rats.  We'll see support for the charges right here on TBR.  I can make book on that.
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2019, 04:42:14 pm »
She wants the political cover.  Something/anything from the Mueller report will be the basis for Impeachment, and a lot of GOP will support it because they hate Trump as much as the Rats.  We'll see support for the charges right here on TBR.  I can make book on that.

I'd expect that from the rats, they're nucking futs. But coming from 'republicans' takes sour grapes to an entirely new level.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 04:44:35 pm by skeeter »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2019, 04:45:55 pm »
@ABX  Yup. 

Which as crazy as it sounds, is in line with Andrew Johnson's impeachment.
Example, this was Article 10 of Johnson's impeachment:

That said Andrew Johnson, President of the United States, unmindful of the high duties of his office and the dignity and proprieties thereof, and of the harmony and courtesies which ought to exist and be maintained between the executive and legislative branches of the Government of the United States, designing and intending to set aside the rightful authorities and powers of Congress, did attempt to bring into disgrace, ridicule, hatred, contempt and reproach the Congress of the United States, and the several branches thereof, to impair and destroy the regard and respect of all the good people of the United States for the Congress and legislative power thereof, (which all officers of the government ought inviolably to preserve and maintain,) and to excite the odium and resentment of all good people of the United States against Congress and the laws by it duly and constitutionally enacted; and in pursuance of his said design and intent, openly and publicly and before divers assemblages of citizens of the United States, convened in divers parts thereof, to meet and receive said Andrew Johnson as the Chief Magistrate of the United States, did, on the 18th day of August, in the year of our Lord 1866, and on divers other days and times, as well before as afterward, make and declare, with a loud voice certain intemperate, inflammatory, and scandalous harangues, and therein utter loud threats and bitter menaces, as well against Congress as the laws of the United States duly enacted thereby, amid the cries, jeers and laughter of the multitudes then assembled in hearing, which are set forth in the several specifications hereinafter written, in substance and effect, that it to say: