Author Topic: Appeals court sides with Trump on transgender military ban  (Read 599 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Appeals court sides with Trump on transgender military ban
« on: January 04, 2019, 04:59:18 pm »
BY REBECCA KHEEL - 01/04/19 10:41 AM EST
A federal appeals court on Friday overturned a lower court’s ruling blocking President Trump’s ban on transgender people serving in the military from taking effect.

The ruling hands Trump a win in a case that has seen several courts block the policy. But the policy still cannot take effect because of those other injunctions, which applied nationwide.

“Although today’s decision is not a final determination on the merits, we must recognize that the Mattis Plan plausibly relies upon the ‘considered professional judgment’ of ‘appropriate military officials’ ... and appears to permit some transgender individuals to serve in the military consistent with established military mental health, physical health, and sex-based standards,” wrote a three-judge panel on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/423862-appeals-court-sides-with-trump-on-transgender-military-ban
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline verga

Re: Appeals court sides with Trump on transgender military ban
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 06:07:33 pm »
Sounds fair to me
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 07:20:25 pm »
appears to permit some transgender individuals to serve in the military consistent with established military mental health ... standards
I look forward to hearing the convoluted reasoning by which a so-called transgendered person might be termed anything but mentally ill.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 07:40:02 pm »
I look forward to hearing the convoluted reasoning by which a so-called transgendered person might be termed anything but mentally ill.

Ehh, I'm not so sure that you want to hear it....  I certainly don't!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 07:46:36 pm »
Ehh, I'm not so sure that you want to hear it....  I certainly don't!
You're probably right!  :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org