Author Topic: Meming and Blanguage  (Read 1169 times)

Offline Skeptic

• Loyal q stomper.
Meming and Blanguage
« on: December 03, 2018, 11:49:41 pm »
So, meming is like copying someone, like for example, you purchase a green tie with a saxophone pattern and wear it to work and the next day someone you work with is wearing a greenish-blue tie with a flute pattern. He memed you. Now take this further and make it personal. So you purchase an oil lantern and hang it in your tiny shed. You go to work the next day and that same worker that memed your tie suddenly has an electric lamp in his cubicle. You think that's spooky and wonder if he might be spying on you and trying to upset you with a taunting mind game. You wonder why in the world would your co-worker want to do such things. You get what I'm talking about?

Now, here's my skit on blanguage. Blanguage is like pig latin and L33T computer text, it's a mutation of regular English but from the perspective of someone that doesn't actually fully understand. Its like misunderstanding you intentionially to frustrate you. For example, you decide not to ignore the signs that your co-worker is possibly spying on you and you ask him about it. It isn't easy to find a good way to talk about it but he has also been acting obstinate towards you recently so you say to him, "Hey Buckeye, that tie you're wearing looks a lot like the tie I was wearing yesterday and hey man you bought a lamp too? It looks almost exactly like the one I bought last night except mine is an oil and wick lamp. Hey man, are you spying on me?" He of course says no with a half smile and you go to the break room for a coffee. When you return to your own cubicle theres 3 dimes on your desk. You didn't leave the dimes there, they were left there for a symbolic reason. 3 dimes in L33T blanguage means "threaten" (10 10 10). You toss them in the trash and start your work and it doesn't dawn on you what the meaning of them being placed there was until some time because truly you don't communicate like a nincompoop and neither does any of your friends and relatives.

You get what I'm saying? Got anything to add to this? This subject matter has been one that has bothered me for quite a while as I am literally neck deep in people that do these kind of things.

*the auto correct on my phone is driving me nuts
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 12:02:39 am by Skeptic »
I won't accept.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Meming and Blanguage
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 12:59:38 am »
I frequently post "memes" because sometimes a picture really is worth 1,000 words.

Excellent post, BTW!  Kudos!!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Skeptic

• Loyal q stomper.
Re: Meming and Blanguage
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 07:38:17 pm »
Rhyming makes reaming. Staying serious and not distracting from the content of the discussion with word games makes for a more valuable experience. No jive keeps the love alive.
I won't accept.