Author Topic: Movie: 'Vice' about Cheney.  (Read 975 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Movie: 'Vice' about Cheney.
« on: January 03, 2019, 03:46:22 am »

Not the kind of movie I would elect to go see, I have a friend who ended up going, not really of their own choosing either but because it was a sort of Christmas outing.   Reading some of the reviews, I think I will continue to skip it but some of the premises sound interesting. Apparently it is about how Cheney ended up getting a lot of the power in the WH.

https://www.centralmaine.com/2019/01/02/j-p-devine-movie-review-vice/

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/vice-wins-award-capri-film-festival-1203097507/

It sounded too anti-GOP.

Has anyone seen it?

Sorry...

It's probably well-made as far as that goes.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 04:02:24 am by TomSea »

Offline goatprairie

Re: Movie: 'Vice' about Cheney.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 07:27:46 pm »
I didn't see the movie but read many reviews. If you believe anything truthful can emerge from this flick made by an ardent leftist, then I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.
It's like the people who believe what the history of Cuba was like before Castro based on watching The Godfather II.

Offline HollywoodInToto

• Hollywood in Toto
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 07:55:35 pm »
I reviewed the film at my site. John Nolte offered up a great take here:

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/01/02/vice-review-a-really-bad-house-of-cards-episode/

Bottom line? It's smug, preachy and hopelessly one-sided. On the plus side, Christian Bale transforms into Cheney in a shockingly accurate way.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 11:11:37 pm »
Christian Bale thanks Satan for inspiring his portrayal of Cheney. Oooh, that wasn't nice. Now Bale has been arrested for assaulting family members.
...But Bale's arrest is a Cheneyfreude moment. He portrayed Dick Cheney as a monster in the movie, "Vice." That was the role for which he received a Fake Oscar last night.

"Thank you to Satan for giving me inspiration for playing this role," the actor said Sunday night.

Within hours, the Family Cheney was drinking his tears.
Liz Cheney
‏Verified account @Liz_Cheney
 17h17 hours ago

Satan probably inspired him to do this, too.  Christian Bale arrested for 'assault on mother and sister'
The Independent reported, "His mother, Jenny, 61, and sister, Sharon, claim he lashed out at them on Sunday night in his suite at The Dorchester hotel, in Park Lane. They reported the alleged incident at a Hampshire police station on Monday. The complaint was then passed to the Metropolitan Police, who spoke to Mr Bale before the film premiere but allowed him to attend the event on condition that he present himself at Belgravia police station yesterday."  ... More by Don Surber
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org