Author Topic: New study claims large 10,000-year-old pyramid-like structure lies under Mount Padang in West Java  (Read 970 times)

rangerrebew

New study claims large 10,000-year-old pyramid-like structure lies under Mount Padang in West Java
12/20/2018 06:00:00 PM

A new study claims that underneath a mountain in Indonesia lies the world’s oldest pyramid. The site, Gunung (Mount) Padang, is a hill with abundant archaeological evidence. But the new study claims that the hill is in fact a layered series of ancient structures dating over 10,000 years back.

New study claims large 10,000-year-old pyramid-like structure lies under Mount Padang in West Java
An aerial photograph of Gunung Padang, Indonesia

The study was carried out over several years and researchers claim that the structure is not superficial, but rooted into greater depth covering an area of at least 15 hectares. With the use of ground penetration radar, seismic tomography and archaeological excavations combined, the team of researchers say that many layers hide beneath the hill constructed in several prehistoric periods.

Read more at https://archaeologynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/2018/12/new-study-claims-large-10000-year-old.html#8u8V9MUoZz6O4KH2.99

Offline Skeptic

• Loyal q stomper.
You know, when I was a kid and we went through Yellowstone there was a mountain that I swore had the shape of a pyramid. I thought that maybe it was and just covered in thousands of years of trees and dirt. All the other mountains were natural looking but this particular mountain stood out like a flamingo in a swamp.
I won't accept.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
After the finding of the Göbekli Tepe and others, I rule nothing out for this time period.
The Republic is lost.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I believe much of the past has been lost beyond legend. And I believe the Darwinian thought of development from the primitive to the advanced as a more or less linear progression along the lineage of those present now limits the ability of people to conceive of serious regression in technological capabilities in humanity's past.

Yet we are confronted with the remains of engineering marvels which rival modern construction and abilities.

Which begs the question, what identifiable remnants would survive in 10,000 years if there was a worldwide calamity which seriously disrupted modern civilization? What would some archaeologist of the future find?

(I suspect not much.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis