Author Topic: Three Wise Kings? Were They Really Kings and Were There Only Three?  (Read 763 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Three Wise Kings? Were They Really Kings and Were There Only Three?
December 19, 2014

The well-known three wise men or three wise kings or the Magi of the Christmas story are only mentioned in one of the gospels, that of Matthew. They seem to play an integral role in the story, however, so many theories and little known “facts” about these important personages have developed in the subsequent centuries.

Another important question is: were they kings? In its truest sense, “Magi” would most likely mean astrologer/priests from the faith of Zoroastrianism.

Most Western Christian faiths came to eventually believe there were three Magi and even named them. The Encyclopædia Britannica states: “according to Western church tradition, Balthasar is often represented as a king of Arabia, Melchior as a king of Persia, and Gaspar as a king of India.” According to ancient documents, these names and countries of origin were in place by the 6th century.

Read more at: https://www.historicmysteries.com/three-wise-kings/

Offline uglybiker

Re: Three Wise Kings? Were They Really Kings and Were There Only Three?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 04:41:11 am »
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Three Wise Kings? Were They Really Kings and Were There Only Three?
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 04:50:33 am »
I've seen this scenario before in the military. The wife gets pregnant not by the husband, and then three dudes show up at the birth with gifts.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.