Author Topic: BASEBALL 2019---LET'S DO IT!  (Read 1775 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• TBR's resident Grim Reaper
  • J. Myrle Fuller
    • Fullervision
Re: BASEBALL 2019---LET'S DO IT!
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2019, 02:36:39 PM »
From The Onion
Climatologists Find Pitchers And Catchers Reporting Further South Every Spring
https://sports.theonion.com/climatologists-find-pitchers-and-catchers-reporting-fur-1832655368

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2019, 07:58:07 PM »
Spring training (that's what it's always been called even though it begins in winter) is here!  happy77

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 08:00:06 PM by Machiavelli »

Online EasyAce

• I'll play the blues for you . . .
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2019, 09:58:58 PM »
Contrary to what anyone has heard otherwise, when Marlins pitcher Sandy Alcantara threw the first pitch of today's exhibition game, Marlins fans did not hold up placards saying, This year is next year!

wink777

Online TomSea

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2019, 10:33:38 PM »
Pirates players wearing 'Freedom for Venezuela' shirts to show support
9:01 PM CT

ESPN

A group of Pittsburgh Pirates players are wearing T-shirts that read, "Freedom for Venezuela" amid the country's battle over humanitarian aid.

Catcher Francisco Cervelli is leading the effort to raise awareness for the crisis in his native country.

"There have been 20 years of dictatorship in my country, and it's time for it to stop," Cervelli told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "They're trying to stop the aid. We are fighting to get aid to our people. Our people are dying. The army doesn't want to let them get in. So we are fighting. Our people need freedom. We have been fighting for this for a long time."

Read more at: http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/26065402/pirates-wearing-freedom-venezuela-shirts
If you like your revolution, you can keep your revolution.

Online TomSea

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2019, 10:22:31 PM »
Happy #77

https://babalublog.com/2019/03/09/happy-77-bert-campaneris/

Maybe it is unfair, this is what he seems to be remembered for ... I don't mean to disparage him in any way, he was a great player...

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

It cuts into black a few seconds in but comes back into full view.

Bert "Campy" Campaneris...
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 10:27:48 PM by TomSea »
If you like your revolution, you can keep your revolution.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2019, 03:39:07 PM »
Life after Harper? Juan Soto can be what Bryce was ... and more

Eddie Matz

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -- If you think Juan Soto is feeling pressure, think again.

Last May, Soto exploded onto the scene as a 19-year-old outfielder with the Washington Nationals. Due to injuries in D.C., he was rushed to the majors after just eight games above Class A. Over the next four and a half months, he wrecked big league pitching and developed a habit of doing things few, if any, teenagers before him had accomplished. But that was then, and this is now.

Following a freshman campaign that, were it not for Atlanta's Ronald Acuna Jr., would have made him the runaway Rookie of the Year, Soto isn't sneaking up on anyone. What's more, now that a certain superstar and his big bat have moved just up the road to Philly, Soto is being counted on to do even more. Suddenly, he's the face of the outfield -- and the heart of the lineup -- on a Nationals team trying to conquer a stacked NL East and prove that there is, in fact, life after Bryce Harper.

continued at:  http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/26227865/life-harper-juan-soto-bryce-was-more

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

I watch my coffee machine like Lotto and I'm one number away from the jackpot 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf