Author Topic: The Lowdown on the Miscreant Who Got Us into this Mess: Woodrow Wilson  (Read 1168 times)

rangerrebew

The Lowdown on the Miscreant Who Got Us into this Mess: Woodrow Wilson
By David P. Goldman November 15, 2018

Claremont Review of Books, the brainiest and best publication in the conservative world, published my review of a new biography of America's first progressive president, Woodrow Wilson. It's an honor to write for CRB, which kindly unlocked the paywall for my piece, entitled "The Great Resenter." CRB is the only political-intellectual journal that I read cover to cover. If you don't subscribe, you should.

Progressive historians present Wilson as a paper saint, but the man was a monster. He was an unreconstructed defender of slavery and a rancorous apologist for the Confederacy. His whole academic and political life was devoted to tearing up the Constitution and replacing it with a progressive dictatorship. This resentment against a Union that had crushed his native south in the Civil War drove his obsession with a world government with power to issue orders to the United States of America.

https://pjmedia.com/spengler/the-lowdown-on-the-miscreant-who-got-us-into-this-mess-woodrow-wilson/

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: The Lowdown on the Miscreant Who Got Us into this Mess: Woodrow Wilson
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 11:39:05 pm »
The Lowdown on the Miscreant Who Got Us into this Mess: Woodrow Wilson
By David P. Goldman November 15, 2018

Claremont Review of Books, the brainiest and best publication in the conservative world, published my review of a new biography of America's first progressive president, Woodrow Wilson. It's an honor to write for CRB, which kindly unlocked the paywall for my piece, entitled "The Great Resenter." CRB is the only political-intellectual journal that I read cover to cover. If you don't subscribe, you should.

Progressive historians present Wilson as a paper saint, but the man was a monster. He was an unreconstructed defender of slavery and a rancorous apologist for the Confederacy. His whole academic and political life was devoted to tearing up the Constitution and replacing it with a progressive dictatorship. This resentment against a Union that had crushed his native south in the Civil War drove his obsession with a world government with power to issue orders to the United States of America.

https://pjmedia.com/spengler/the-lowdown-on-the-miscreant-who-got-us-into-this-mess-woodrow-wilson/
My father had a very graphic opinion of Wilson.............Hungarian swearing is so expressive and a wonderful thing to hear.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 01:05:24 am »
My father had a very graphic opinion of Wilson.............Hungarian swearing is so expressive and a wonderful thing to hear.

If it’s anything like Slovenian, the physical aspect while swearing gives it a ballet like quality.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 01:06:47 am »
I wrote a paper on this in grad school which I titled, “He Kept Us Out of War.” My prof, a conservative Catholic mother of eight, loved it.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 02:06:10 am »
If it’s anything like Slovenian, the physical aspect while swearing gives it a ballet like quality.
The funniest thing I ever heard in my then eight years on Earth was my father swearing, or trying to, in English. I think I told him, no you're doing it wrong. I don't think I ever heard him swear in English again.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 02:08:29 am »
The funniest thing I ever heard in my then eight years on Earth was my father swearing, or trying to, in English. I think I told him, no you're doing it wrong. I don't think I ever heard him swear in English again.
My great uncles would get into it with each other in Slovenian and it was a sight to behold.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2019, 02:45:41 am »
Hungarian, Slovenian.....??? Jesus, Mary and Joseph how 'bout staying on topic!
Wilson was our first globalist Potus, who looked for every conceivable way to get
us involved in the Great War; arguably greatest catastrophe in history and which
still reverberates to this very day.
Having said that, the Republicrats who preceded him were the very same progressive leftists.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 03:33:00 am by Absalom »

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2019, 02:55:49 am »
Come on now @Absalom , I posted my grad paper title, which was totally sarcastic upon reading my paper.  :beer:
I stand with Roosgirl.